weed id

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like tea weed. If it is, it won't pull up easy because it has a taproot that goes deep and holds on tight.

I never knew what it's called but it comes up around my compost piles--I hate the stuff--hard to kill with herbicide too. Remedy and grazon turn it a little yellow, but it comes right back. Is that the official name for it? I looked on line and all I find under 'tea weed' is related to wacky tobackky.

TB, did you look at that UFL web link and see where teaweed has more calcium, phosphorous, and % CP than iron clay peas, alfalfa, or soybeans? Pretty interesting, but I don't think you could grow a great volume of that stuff. But then I never saw anybody try to cultivate it. Could be the miracle food plot plant of the future. :D

ga.prime":o5sixf5r said:
TB, did you look at that UFL web link and see where teaweed has more calcium, phosphorous, and % CP than iron clay peas, alfalfa, or soybeans? Pretty interesting, but I don't think you could grow a great volume of that stuff. But then I never saw anybody try to cultivate it. Could be the miracle food plot plant of the future. :D

I aint never see anything eat it after its juvenile stage. I don't particularly care for the stuff my self and dang sure aint gonna plant it unless see sign of something using it as forage.

M-5":1zkq1nls said:
U plant it and grow it. I'll make people buy it . we will be rich
Excellent idea, but I'd have a devil of a time keeping deer from eating it up before it makes seed. The only way I could grow it would be put an 8 ft fence around it. Don't think that'll be happening.

Red Bull Breeder":2tiq8il7 said:
Just when would you expect anything else to grow there Jo?

I'm just telling you what will kill the stuff but to answer your question, I don't know when anything might come back but when it does it will surely be teaweed.

Teaweed seeds, perfect for food plots. Plant hese seed and be blessed with an abundance of forage according to UF may be the best out there. 5.49 a pack. No other suppler is producing the seeds. The market is wide open .
When you sign up and become a producer on the ground level all you have to do is sign up 5 people and start making money. Don't have alot of land . no problem this plant can be planted in one small 10x10 area . this is a self sustaining plot , no fertilizer only water in severe drought situations. Send cash or money order today and be your own boss. Tell the man where to go you are in charge of your own destiny.

Lets not forget this is a certified, organic, free-ranging, gluten-free, GMO-free, lactose-free bio-fuel too. Its the solution to the energy crisis or to an energy crisis if we ever have one. Also can be used to reclaim oil spills. Pour a gallon of burnt motor oil on the ground and it just sops it up and gets greener. And ranchers will be thrilled to know this plant is grazing tolerant and your cattle will starve to death before they would ever hurt its forage production.

Latest posts