Weed id ...

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Anyone know what this is? All I know is it kinda looks like a geranium, its cold hardy, slippery to slimy if you pull on it and the cows don't eat it.

IMG_1832.jpg

Thanks. I believe it must be ground mallow. We have marsh mallow but I've never seen this before. It is perenial. Haven't crushed a leaf but have crushed a stem and its very slipperly. Cows don't want anything to do with it and have no idea where it came from. Shame I can't cross it with clover.

ALX.":20lfofp1 said:
The stuff is all over here, you did say it was cold hardy!

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/cro ... rt04a5.htm

Yes, its cold hardy. I just took the picture. Never seen it, or can't remember ever seeing it before. I got four clumps of it. Don't know where it came from. I'll be able to spot spray the clumbs with no problem. Just wondering how big a problem it would become if left untreated. Sounds like I need to get it now. Thanks folks.

Never would have thought of Malva this time of year. Around her it;s an early summer plant that can persist into the heat of summer. When I was a kid we called it wild geranium or button weed.

I'm in South Texas and that junk is all over my pen and watering areas it gets pretty big in spring and fall, Grazon P+D gets it and keeps it out of the pastures. Birds must eat the seeds and plant them when they water.

Latest posts