Weed ID?

Help Support CattleToday:

scheff

Reaction score

Hi everyone. Wondering if anyone has an idea of what this is and how to kill it? I sprayed with GrazonPD last week, and don't see that it had much of an impact, even on the smaller weeds. Looks like the mesquite I hit had much better results, but these things look like they're bouncing back. I'm in TX near San Antonio. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Looks like a broadleaf to me. Look at the leaf grain structure. If it's non linear, like contained in grass leaves, 2-4-D Amine should get it. When I spray weeds along my fence line, I use Glyphosate and 2-4-D plus surfactant. Does the job, especially with the surfactant product for the job, not dish washing soap as a substitute. Not using the "P" as in "P+D" as no brush to eradicate.

Familiar with that weed. But I don't know the name.

It looks 24d,d to me. They'll grow crazy and fast then usually die. Grazon has more punch if you will. . It's souped up 24d with a long residual.
Like I said. It looks to be affected by the 24d. Hit it again if you still have some. Spot spray if it's feasible. Or spot with remedy. But I bet if you wait it dies.

Thanks all for the replies. Maybe I'm just not patient enough and it'll die. Seems like the Grazon has a pretty noticeable impact on day 3, but don't see any dead ones yet. I might hit them again.
And fence, you're correct in that these things whatever the heck they come up crazy fast, so I usually don't have a very big window to hit them as saplings.

Thanks again!

scheff":13e92ae2 said:
Thanks all for the replies. Maybe I'm just not patient enough and it'll die. Seems like the Grazon has a pretty noticeable impact on day 3, but don't see any dead ones yet. I might hit them again.
And fence, you're correct in that these things whatever the heck they come up crazy fast, so I usually don't have a very big window to hit them as saplings.

Thanks again!

I am in too much of a hurry to wait for Grazon to work. My generic Glyphosate works in time, more like 10 days to two weeks so I have to be patient with it. On the other hand, 24D Amine is apparent the next day. Spoiled me I guess.

Latest posts