website

Help Support CattleToday:

rockridgecattle

Reaction score
So, here is my new and finally completed website. I would love to know what you think.
Just so you know, it's not about cows. The blog will eventually show cows, but this website is honey and candles.
http://www.honeyshack.ca

I am not posting this to solicit business.

I am however looking for exposure. The more hits, the further up the google chain i move.

thanks

RockRidge

Very nice website....my wife came in a few weeks ago with a small jar of the flavored honey....(wasn't yours) It had peach flavor in it......I'm here to tell you "It's out of this world" good.

That web site is well done. Good photography. Good job!! Saw one place where it said "was" and should have said "wax" but I didn't write down which page, sorry.

Creamed honey is a new one for me. What is that??

Beautiful website RR, what a terrific job. Your decorative candles are absolutely gorgeous ... :clap: :clap: :clap:
I made homemade buns yesterday and your honey would go perfect with them. :nod:

I wonder what the green apple scent smells like- I bet it is nice. What is the difference between normal honey and creamed honey, have to admit I never heard of creamed honey. Do you ever make your honey with the honey comb in it? I got some honey once from out west that had the comb in it and it was the best honey I have ever had.

I thought the website was great, but agree with GMN ~ it is appreciated to have the prices listed. I don't know how creamed honey is made. I do know if you can get past the look of it that it is one of the best things you will ever have, and I don't even like honey. Am curious about the flavored honey, I had not heard of that.

MO cows, hunting out that spelling mistake. I did all the pictures myself with the rebel cannon camera. It takes nice pictures. Websites.ca did the site itself. I wrote most of the wording for the items. Websites did some it aswell.

Yes, I have to add the prices. I have to check with the web site host to see if i can. I purchased the plan that does not do e commerce. I wanted to see the traffic first. Ecommerce is a big step, and costly.

Creamed honey. Nothing added. Properly done creamed honey should remain spreadable, but it should be stiff, not drippy like liquid. You will not see the drip marks all over the counter like liquid honey. There is a process which involves seeding fine crystalized honey to liquid and contolled tempertures. The rest is a secret. But be assured, there is nothing but pure honey in the creammed product.
Really good creamed honey should not have a grit to it. It should be smooth almost like butter.
Creamed honey should not go hard like a rock. Hard like a rock honey is just plain Crystailized honey....a natural process of honey as it ages.

Flavored honey can be done by adding any flavor one wants to. The possiblities are endless.

Liquid honey with comb in it....i would like to try that. Maybe this season as a specialty item.
I should add, and add to the website, each floral source has it's own flavor. Some people are lucky to be by apple orchards and can extract apple honey or blueberry honey. However, some people, my husband is one, can tell the difference between wild flower, or canola or clover, or even alfalfa honey. There are so many out there. Basswood, buckwheat, fireweed...and if you are in an area that has these flowers...wow

The green apple scent is really nice. It actually smells like green apples. People are rather impressed with how the smells seem so real. I think that because of the natural smell of the beeswax blending with the scent.

HD, you bring the buns, I will meet you half way with the honey :lol
Thanks for the replys

Latest posts