website?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know of a good website that has PHOTOS in addition to descriptions of ailments of cattle? b/c i cant find a decent one..

Also, i was just wondering if anyone else is having random problems this year? first we had an outbreak (3) of footrot, which weve NEVER had before, and now this freak jaw ailment..go figure.

> Does anyone know of a good website
> that has PHOTOS in addition to
> descriptions of ailments of
> cattle? b/c i cant find a decent
> one..

> Also, i was just wondering if
> anyone else is having random
> problems this year? first we had
> an outbreak (3) of footrot, which
> weve NEVER had before, and now
> this freak jaw ailment..go figure.

Depending where you live, here in the east (PA) we have had nothing but rain and more rain. Pastures never get a chance to dry. Our cattle have been ok, but we have a small goat herd where footrot has been a major problem.

If you look on the CTD Links page you can find some great informational web sites, I have some on my links page on <A HREF="http://www.kemilimousin.com" TARGET="_blank">www.kemilimousin.com</A>, and if you surf those sites they often have links to other good sites as well. For the hoof rot what I suggest is feeding a good quality loose mineral with a slightly higher iodine content, also, move your feeding areas around so that cattle are not standing in moist areas where they become exposed to tissue damage and hoof rot.

[email protected]

Latest posts