Website Creation?

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus In Texas

Reaction score
For those of you who have your own websites and created and maintain them yourselves, what program do you use to create yours if you don't use html. And what server do you have it hosted on?

Mine no longer exist. Genealogy and history web information is now hosted by MyFamily.com. Cheaper and easier plus I don't have to maintain it. Just send out invitations and let folks in password protected. $29 a year.

Tae Kwon Do information is also hosted by someone else. Not much participation there any more anyway. $27 a year. Most folks participating in TKD are doing the Americanized version anyway.

Don't think I will deal with the software update change hassles ever again. It seems just as I figure things out, it is no longer supported because a newer version is out etc.

I used doteasy.com once upon a time... don't recall if they're still hosting websites, but they were $25/yr for the basic package that had more space and bandwidth than I could use.

Been doing good... had an exam last night which went well, have another tonight... school is progressing forward at a very rapid pace, as usual. :lol: How've you been?

Oh just work and more work. Other than that I am good. Nice weather here.....not too cold :p . I'm glad school is going well for you.

Good to hear it's not too cold down in TX; I figure in that part of the country you're entitled to warm weather. :p The temp here actually is above freezing... feels positively balmy. LOL. I did hear something about more snow this weekend; typical WY weather. I'm told snow in July is not uncommon out here. :lol:

LOL yea when I was in Idaho a few summers ago it snowed right at the end of May. I thought that was the craziest thing ever. It was snowing and hailing and there were some gates that needed to be shut. Me being from Texas, they were all like you don't get this kind of opportunity in Texas...... you get to shut em. Yea good times.

Yahoo has a small business section where you can register your domain name for $1.99 per year, then if you want to do a web site, they have "shells" that you can dump your info into, or you can do a more custom one for $12.99 & up per month.

I think at one time Macon had a website hosting deal, they also haad designing. PM good ol Macon and see what he says

If you get a gmail(Google) e-mail address, you can get a rudimentary website hosted through Google for free. It's simple to set up if you know only basic html and a lot of people have no need for anything more.

You can get a domain name registered through GoDaddy.com and set it to be masked and redirected to your Google-based website.

Godaddy.com also has free website hosting (if your domain is registered through them), plus a number of relatively inexpensive upgrades if you want more. Their free website has GoDaddy's advertising on each page, I believe.

These are good to learn on - then if you decide you want more, you can always graduate to the Frontpage or Dreamweaver programs for more creativity.

George

I use http://www.free-web-hosting.biz/
It is free. I found using their own software was best for me as I an not doing anything fancy there.
You can go to GODaddy.com and get your own doamin and use it at Free-webhosting. I plan on doing that one day, but so far just been using the free-web-hosting domain.
They do allow Ad sense to be on your pages so if you were wanting that, you can do it.
I not spent allot of time on mine I just wanted one to play with. I sure there are allot better ones, but this one was free so it fit my budget :lol:

I can write some pretty decent html, but I do use a program called Dreamweaver. It's very helpful. As to hosting, Network Solutions does all of my hosting.

Latest posts