Web site virus

Help Support CattleToday:

MULDOON

Reaction score
Where the Stars & Stripes ,, And the Eagle fli
If any of ya'll get a e-mail that says " Hey buddy I'm sending you a really cool screen saver! I hope you like it!"
Don't open it , even if it's from some one you know!!

I got it from a friend , And now it's taken over my Home page, When I go to my Home page it shows up as " Web Search", I can still operate my computer , but I don't like the fact that it's jumped in , and evidently it's smarter then me! ( Not real hard)Because I can't get rid of it :mad: :mad: :mad:

good luck gettin rid of it. my parents computer had a chat virus in it and it lodged itself in the registry files. can't get in those very well, so i ended up saving everything we needed on a disc and formatted the hard drive. that sucked let me tell you.

it looks to me like some sort of virus deal has taken over CT, as far as I know Macon's never allowed popups to be attached to the site and there have been quite a few lately... and not all of them so pleasant...

Jake":embn7fv9 said:
it looks to me like some sort of virus deal has taken over CT, as far as I know Macon's never allowed popups to be attached to the site and there have been quite a few lately... and not all of them so pleasant...

When you get popups on a site that doesn't have them, you most likely have spyware/malware on your computer.

jkwilson":ghbe0e69 said:
Jake":ghbe0e69 said:

When you get popups on a site that doesn't have them, you most likely have spyware/malware on your computer.

And the bad part is that no one piece of software seems to clean them all. I use 3 different ones and the one that is most effective is the Yahoo one. But it still leaves a few that the others catch.

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp has a free virus checker that will clean almost any of them and tell you of those that it can't. Virus' is different then spyware/adware. More malicious, but the others a sure a pain in the butt.

dun

some anti-spyware for free actually ads in it's own spyware. Isn't that reassuring! I guess "you pays your money--you takes your chances!" uh-oh what do we get when it's FREE???

i use webroot's spysweeper and McAfee Virus scan. some say they aren't the best, but they work for me and i get a pop up blocker with mine, so... i haven't had any probs. good luck.

Latest posts