Weather

Help Support CattleToday:

docgraybull

Reaction score
Here in God's Country, in Northeastern Oklahoma, on New Year's Eve 2004 we have a high of 76 and a low in the mid 50's! :lol: Hope everyone has good weather to start the New Year!

docgraybull":2847ojaz said:
Here in God's Country, in Northeastern Oklahoma, on New Year's Eve 2004 we have a high of 76 and a low in the mid 50's! :lol: Hope everyone has good weather to start the New Year!
Here in my GOD'S COUNTRY it was high 76 and low of mid 60's.Don't we have a lot to be thankful for.HAPPY NEW YEAR![/quote]

We hit mid 60's

Cows still ate more than before. I quess their recovering from the cold time.

I thought God's country was over here.

Things that make you go hmmmm!

Many up here think of this as Gods Country most of the time- at other times I here it described as God forsaken.......

We've had a couple days of snowstorms- Received 8 inches of snow Thursday-had 2 to 3 foot deep drifts.... Started snowing and blowing again last night- I'm waiting for the sun to come up to see how big the new drifts are...............

Thursday it got up to 58* :D , Friday morning when I went out to feed, 27*, with a windchill of -17, just got done feeding this AM in freezing rain. Motorcycle helmet comes in handy goin down the road to see the girls! I need to find one in Oliver green, instead of bright yellow so passing motorist don't have to do a double take at the big yellow ball on the tractor seat :lol: Sounds like winter is coming this week tho!

Well up here in God's Country, where I'm closest to the skies of heaven from you all ;-) , we had minus 7 this morning and snow for the past couple of days. Don't know how much, the wind is doing a good job of making me guess.

In THIS part of God's Country.. beautiful central Texas, it was 75 and sunny today! My face got red today.. and not from embarrasment!

I"m not looking forward to a cold front the end of next week either. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to get rid of the mosquitos.

TheBullLady":390rfb9d said:
In THIS part of God's Country.. beautiful central Texas, it was 75 and sunny today! My face got red today.. and not from embarrasment!

I"m not looking forward to a cold front the end of next week either. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to get rid of the mosquitos.

There ought to be a law against posting that.When the rest of us are freezing our butts off....... :)

frenchie":2rrtd2sp said:
TheBullLady":2rrtd2sp said:

There ought to be a law against posting that.When the rest of us are freezing our butts off....... :)

AMEN-- 18 below right now and still dropping!!!!!

Update: It was so warm today here in God's Country that I saw a couple of red wasps flying around, and my son caught a toad hopping around in the pasture. Guess he was expecting to find some flies? :eek: Silly critters must think it's Spring! The trees are liable to start budding out soon. It was pretty windy today though, I think the windchill dipped down to about 58. :p God bless you folks in those chilly climates.

docgraybull":3f7wkf2t said:
Update: It was so warm today here in God's Country that I saw a couple of red wasps flying around, and my son caught a toad hopping around in the pasture. Guess he was expecting to find some flies? :eek: Silly critters must think it's Spring! The trees are liable to start budding out soon. It was pretty windy today though, I think the windchill dipped down to about 58. :p God bless you folks in those chilly climates.

So far we've had one week of winter. Lows in the single digits to zero, highs in the teens. This week it's been spring and the shrubby kinds of plants are[/] budding out. The natural reproduction clover has sprouted. Next week winter is coming back, will probably kill most of the stuff that's started growing.
Friend of ours near Reno, NV has 4 foot of snow and it's supposed to snow till Tuesday. They keep whining about our mild weather.

dun

The biggest problem we have is the cows are really suffering in the heat. They're all wooled up for winter and this heat wave hit. They'll be comfortable in a couple of days though.

dun

docgraybull":lkkt677z said:

God bless your kind soul for not rubbing it in.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

-23 C here this morning and its been like this for days.... ugh

We had a pretty big storm here Thursday and Friday that dropped about a foot of snow on us. Had a plow come in and clear it Friday afternoon. Got another six inches last night. I can't even move in the yard and my tractor's in the shop waiting for parts that would have been here except for the storm. I took last week off so I could get my tractor running. Parts should be in Tuesday which is the same day I go back to work. Impeccable timing once again. :help: :(

It snowed Saturday, dumped a few more inches for us, but then cleared up and it was 10F this morning. Weather report says more snow is coming tonight and the rest of the week, but it doesn't look like it - clear blue skies out there. Should be cold tonight.

Jonquils are sprouting and fescue is growing in North West GA.

High's in 60's and 70's for the next ten days.

Probably pay h*ll soon.

Latest posts