Weather

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Right now it's 74 degrees outside, sunny, with a strong southerly wind. They say later this afternoon the wind will shift to the north, the temp will start dropping and we'll have a high of 34 degrees tomorrow. It's wintertime in OK. Ho Ho Ho. :(

Frankie":2xsus02m said:
Right now it's 74 degrees outside, sunny, with a strong southerly wind. They say later this afternoon the wind will shift to the north, the temp will start dropping and we'll have a high of 34 degrees tomorrow. It's wintertime in OK. Ho Ho Ho. :(
we are supposed to get it tonite Frankie
i drove to Tulsa yesterday and stopped at Vinita to eat when I came out the wind had gained about 15mph in an hr, all the ponds along I-44 were whitecapping.Fuel mileage in the semi really sucked betweeen Vinita and Tulsa

Is it my imagination or has this been the windiest fall in awhile reminds me of being in the panhandle

The wind has shifted here now, not looking forward to tomorrow. Drove to cherryvale ks yesterday and my mileage sucked too, all the way back into a headwind.

High today was 79, winds were out of the S at 16 with gusts hitting 30. Had to feed in the hayrings, darn wind blows the hay away before the cows can eat it. I am so ready for a change. Come on Obama. :lol: :lol: :(

It's 50 here right now with light rain and high winds. Temps are supposed to start dropping in a couple hours with possible freezing rain by morning. By 9am its supposed to be in the teens with wind chills around zero. I can deal with the cold but can do without the ice. Maybe we'll get lucky.

You folk in OK and MO can just go ahead and keep that fine weather that is coming the next few days. As for this wind i hope Duns wife has keep rocks in his pockets or he would be in Kansas by now.

Well...at our location was in mid 70s today until about 3 pm when temp dropped 30 deg and wind shifted to North. It is now 24 deg, N wind 15 to 20 mph. Supposed to drop in teens tonight, and probably between about 10 and 25 deg at night for next 5 days or so...daytime might get into 30's couple of days. And, more wind.

Great weather for stock tanks...bring out pick & sledgehammer.

Guess my dog (terrier mix about 65 lbs) will be spending nite in our office next few nights. He doesn't have much of undercoat and would probably get hypothermia in his doghouse outside, even though I have it bedded with hay.

The Yankees and the Northerners can KEEP this cold weather...lol. They're used to it...otherwise they would move SOUTH, right? On other hand, I don't think WE are far enough South...

On positive side, little if any chance of rain or snow forecast during this frigid spell we're having. Don't need power outages (have private water well, and have electric heater in well house) due to power lines coming down around here.

:cry2:

Red Bull Breeder":21wc1vwh said:
You folk in OK and MO can just go ahead and keep that fine weather that is coming the next few days. As for this wind i hope Duns wife has keep rocks in his pockets or he would be in Kansas by now.

Not KS, Canada

Dun I am glad it waited till after Thanksgiving to blow this hard them few extra pounds has helped the last few days. If it turns around and blows as hard from the north i will try to catch you when come thur here.

There's a good chance of freezing rain by Tuesday here. I hope we miss it.

Yep.. same stuff here. I just came in from grooming heifers in the barn, and it's in the 70's.. at 9:00 at night! We're getting the cold front sometime tonight... the high tomorrow is going to be in the lower 40's.

I don't mind the cold weather because at least here in Texas, it doesn't last long! What I don't like is the really warm and then sudden drops. It's heck on the heifers and the calves.

If it wants to ice a little here tomorrow, I don't really mind. I can use the postponement for work. It doesn't ever last long and I hate getting up early in the cold. It won't be nice feeding tonight, though. Break out the parka.

Yes, it has been extremely windy here of late. I hate the wind. Messes up my sinuses. I felt like crud most of yesterday. Too much dust and junk blowing around. And it is very dry here. We need some precip. Husband took the truck and trailer to get the rest of the hay out of Oklahoma. I hope the wind settles down before he makes the return trip. It is the last of the Oklahoma hay and should be enough for winter.

VanC":2y47mlga said:
It's 50 here right now with light rain and high winds. Temps are supposed to start dropping in a couple hours with possible freezing rain by morning. By 9am its supposed to be in the teens with wind chills around zero. I can deal with the cold but can do without the ice. Maybe we'll get lucky.
Gosh, I hear you there! Started raining (freezing kind) Saturday night, lost most of our snow, rained all night got up to 50 degrees, wind is here and single digits by tonight with rain turning to snow.....
I agree, snow I can deal with ... ice I hate.

Minus 34 here this morning. Minus 36 yesterday but no wind and very sunny. The old cows just inhale the feed when it gets this cold. Just another day in old Alberta!
I'm all for global warming...unfortunately now the tree huggers call it climate change! What is with that? Maybe they needed to explain why it has got so darned cold the last couple of years?
Actually before this latest little cold snap it was pretty nice up here. No snow to speak of and fairly balmy!
There is a rig working just up the road from me and the boys don't dawdle when they head for the skid shack!

Latest posts