weather

Help Support CattleToday:

JPO":1icr0quj said:
Here in Tx we are getting the lake effect as well, literally. It has rained pretty much non-stop for the past 3 days. The pastures are so wet feeding is getting to be an adventure. The guy next door started building an ark.

Same here in Louisiana. Pretty much the same all the way to the East Coast. Miss., Ala., Ga., Fla., and part of S.C.

Sorry guys, but it's 80F, Sunny and dry. A nice cool fog in the mornings drying up by 9AM. Not wet, windy or cold. I'm gettin the boat ready for a trip to the Bahamas. Florida sucks doesn't it?

D.R., we'll meet you there the ark is a floatin'. Matter of fact my bull just swam by. Honestly I'm not quite sure how much rain we have gotten , my rain gauge only goes up to 5" and it has overflowed.

JPO":1h9i4myk said:
D.R., we'll meet you there the ark is a floatin'. Matter of fact my bull just swam by. Honestly I'm not quite sure how much rain we have gotten , my rain gauge only goes up to 5" and it has overflowed.

really wet our direction, too. 43 degrees, windy & wet.

JPO":80pv6t56 said:
So much for that theory of global warming.

not sure about that. i remember many winters when i was a kid how the water troughs would freeze over (thick) & we'd have to take go out & break holes so the cows could drink. haven't done that in years. in fact, i can't even remember the last time. of course, we thought it was fun then (as kids). probably wouldn't be so fun now.

txag":24fvcwm0 said:
JPO":24fvcwm0 said:
So much for that theory of global warming.

not sure about that. i remember many winters when i was a kid how the water troughs would freeze over (thick) & we'd have to take go out & break holes so the cows could drink. haven't done that in years. in fact, i can't even remember the last time. of course, we thought it was fun then (as kids). probably wouldn't be so fun now.

txag- If you still belive in global warming head north- We've broken so many cold and snow records, I can't believe it - 60+ inches of snow for the year, new cold records for Jan. and Feb., and now an 88 year record for most snow on the ground at one time. My wife (the optimist)made the comment that since its an 88 year record we won't have to worry about another winter like this in our lifetimes- me the optimist(after having a day of being stuck 3 times, having the sale I was going to haul heifers to canceled, and having the coil in my feed truck go out because of blowing snow) answered" probably not til next year".

They are predicting low 30's, rain, freezing rain, and snow flurries for tonight. Last week we were near 70. Go figure.

We've been snowed into the yard somewhere around 6 times in the past month. The roads are always horrible now and we can't move cattle closer to home because you can't get there with a trailer because of mud and drifts. And driving them home when it's this bad out is not a possibility.

TXBobcat":r3jecbb6 said:
It's snowing in Central Texas! :shock:

Sure is TxBobcat! Got up so I could watch it come down. Seems to have been a long time since this last happened here.

I hope you folks in Baja Oklahoma keep the snow. We don't need anymore imports of crappy weather.

dun

TR":fb1kxii5 said:
TXBobcat":fb1kxii5 said:
It's snowing in Central Texas! :shock:

Sure is TxBobcat! Got up so I could watch it come down. Seems to have been a long time since this last happened here.