Weaning

Help Support CattleToday:

lithuanian farmer

Reaction score
Saturday have weaned 14 Limox heifers. Mainly 6-8months old, one- 9months, one- 11months old. Took some photos in the morning before weaning.
0182.JPG
11 months old, out of Charx dairy 2nd calver. For fattening.
0235.JPG
9 months old, out of AngusxSalersxdairy 2nd calver. Might be a replacement, but not sure yet.
0153.JPG
7months old, out of BBxdairy cow. Replacement. Behind her stands 5 months old heifer, out of AngusxSalersxdairy 2nd calver. Want to leave her as replacement. Not weaned yet.
00912.JPG
8 months old, out of 1/4(Angus, Salers, BB, dairy) cow. Replacement.
0206.JPG
8 months old, out of 2nd calver, which has Angus, Limo, a little BB and dairy blood. Dam calved at 16 months age for the 1st time. This heifer is her 2nd calf. Parents don't think about leaving her as replacement, but I'll probably will ask them if I could keep this girl for myself. In height she isn't smaller than other similar age heifers, she is even taller than some, but she is quite light. But I love her character as she is very calm and friendly.
0199.JPG
8 months old, out of BBxdairy cow. Replacement.
0134.JPG
8months old, out of LimoxCharxdairy 2nd calver. Replacement.
0226.JPG
8months old, out of Limoxdairy cow. Replacement, if she won't show bad character.
0142.JPG
6months old, out of LimoxLimoxdairy cow. Only the rear view.:) Her dam is in the front. Might be a replacement.
Will post more photos with heifers tomorrow.

Here are a few photos with bull calves. Will be weaned next Saturday.
0356.JPG
0382.JPG
The eldest calf we'll be weaning. November 27th born, so already he's an yearling. Out of BBxdairy cow.
037.JPG
0404.JPG
5 months old, out of 1/4(Angus, Salers, BB, dairy) 2nd calver.
0216.JPG
8months old, out of LimoxLimoxdairy cow.
01013.JPG
8months old, out of Angusxdairy cow.
0323.JPG
0344.JPG
6months old, out of 1/4(Angus,Salers,BB,dairy) 2nd calver.

And weanlings for the next year. :) 1st calvers bull calves. ~1month, one 3weeks old.
0301.JPG
0294.JPG
0255.JPG

I always love looking at your cattle. Nice group of weaned calves and great young calves too.

A few more photos.
0316.JPG
8 months old heifer. Out of 1st calver which has Angus, Limo, BB and dairy blood in her.
0263.JPG
7 months old bull calf out of Limoxdairy 2nd calver. Behind- recently calved 1st calver.
0248.JPG
6 months old heifer out of 12years old Charxdairy cow.

Nice calves and pictures looks cold what is the temp ? Just weaned calves today also , the weather here has been very warm with no snow not usual for here. Temps are high of +3 and lows -10 c. We usually have 1/2 meter of snow and highs of -15c low of -25c .

tamarack":3h6849b8 said:
Nice calves and pictures looks cold what is the temp ? Just weaned calves today also , the weather here has been very warm with no snow not usual for here. Temps are high of +3 and lows -10 c. We usually have 1/2 meter of snow and highs of -15c low of -25c .
Not very cold. Around -3C or so. But it's the first snow and cold here. Everybody says that we gonna have much warmer winter than usual.

Latest posts