Weaning Day is coming up.

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
We are weaning in about a week. Went thru the calves good today for a while. Really happy with first calf crop of the new walking bull (Sydgen Process 4846)

Couple of Heifers

Best Bull Calf

Some AI calves, these are alittle older.
Sydgen Black Diamond and his Trust Dam

Deer Valley Total Recall

Oneills Adventure

Oneills Lucky Boy

Sydgen RockStar

Sydgen Rockstar

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
wbvs,
The heifer wasn't photoshopped I wouldn't know how to do it. The picture was cropped alittle but I didn't intentionally stretch the picture.

The Rockstar bull calf is an interesting deal, he came really early 35 days early 46 #, on the morning of day 3 we didn't think he would make it until noon, but he did and he is somewhere over 750# in that picture at 8 months of age. He will make a fine steer.

The best heifer in the deal right now is probably the first Rockstar heifer calf. A month ago it was the adventure or the total recall, a month before that it was one of the Process heifers. We didn't have many heifers but the ones we did are all strong and uniform.

Hard to pick the best bull, the lucky boy is gonna be the heaviest calf but his EPDs aren't great. The Black Diamond and the Process calf that are pictured have a good set of EPDs and are gonna be in the upper end of the weaning weights. I really like the way the Black Diamond moves so at this point he would be my favorite. We weighed all of those calves on May6th and they were all gonna be in the 750# range on adjusted WW.

Thanks GM. I feel sorry for Jacob and the rest of the neighbors. The one time of the year I am glad I dont live closer to the farm.

Jscunn

:x Jacob and his family moved into their camper last week due to the renovations on their house. Carla complained that the rain was so loud she wasn't able to sleep. I didn't have the heart to tell her how loud it was going to be Thursday night! Sometimes it's best to just keep my mouth shut lol!

Gizmom

God Bless her. She is gonna want to divorce Jacob by Friday. :lol:

I enjoyed seeing your husband and daughter in law get in a bidding war for that cake. From all of us parents and volunteers for GCA NRYO thank you. I hope she gives you a slice and sells one to your husband.

Weaning day is always exciting and nervous at the same time. I think preg check is going to go ok, I know we have 2 opens hopefully that is all. There is always one or two we never see thou..

I hate I missed the banquet. I hate I missed the bidding war I am sure it was fun. Congrats to your son for winning steer of the year! Very deserving young man! I had a water board meeting (no torture involved) so couldn't make the banquet. Had I known the boss and CARLA would get into a bidding war I would of snuck in and added another bidder to the mix lol! It was for a great cause!

Gizmom

Jscunn

The boss and I passed your place saw your calves in the front pen. We don't know the number but we saw a bull calf that is about as good as you can make one! Great job my friend!

Gizmom

I hope I picked the right one only 3 out of 28 kept their manhood. Odds are I didnt. Banded some awful good bull calves. Everything went well. I hope your weaning day went well also.

Got the adjusted weaning weights back from the AAA on the purebreds.. Good news .. bad news.. best heifers ever as far as weaning weight the average weaning weight for the heifers 684#.. The bad news there were only 7 of them. Also they were 15 lbs heavier than the steers/bulls (669#) There was a bunch of them. :oops:

Latest posts