We may need an Ark

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild

Reaction score
This is more like the Ga winters I recall growing up. We had 4" from last night till 6PM. It is still raining. Some folks are tired of it. Looks like we are up 11" above the normal average of 48" for this time of year. 58" would be our 30 year yearly average and we got 42 last year and before that 25 and 41. I feel for them but can't bring myself to wish it away. I still recall the past.

yeah you learn not to gripp about the rain.esp when youve come out of a bad drought.

We're getting a smittering of it down here, but not much. Pretty much just misting enough to run the windshield wipers.

Don't wish it away. You'll be wanting it back!

Bible teaches that the rain falls on the just and the unjust alike. An old fellow at church says we've got to live next to one or the other!
I do pray for all the folks trying to pick peanuts and stuff right now though. I know they're in a tough spot.
We're up a little higher than most folks in our neck of the woods, so it makes the rain much easier than drought. One of the idiot FL hunters got his cute 4WD over in the ditch so bad they had to get a wrecker to come tow it. Road was slick, but he was definitely playing. Hope it co$tS him a fortune! :p

farmwriter":2wsz7zjc said:
Bible teaches that the rain falls on the just and the unjust alike. An old fellow at church says we've got to live next to one or the other!
I do pray for all the folks trying to pick peanuts and stuff right now though. I know they're in a tough spot.
We're up a little higher than most folks in our neck of the woods, so it makes the rain much easier than drought. One of the idiot FL hunters got his cute 4WD over in the ditch so bad they had to get a wrecker to come tow it. Road was slick, but he was definitely playing. Hope it co$tS him a fortune! :p
It's no joke, those guys are grandmasters at road destruction.

You're right, prime. That's the first thing that comes to mind for them and the 4 wheelers. Our county is so poor, and the road dept. takes the brunt of money shortages. The last thing they need is butt holes trying to tear up the road! Again, I hope it costs him big time! At least the mechanic can make a little money off him!

Had a guy around my parts that had just bought him a brand new one. Within a month of owning it, he sunk it into the bottom of the river. That one cost him about $1500.00.

I'm still laughing.......

farmwriter":2dthmwsh said:
One of the idiot FL hunters got his cute 4WD over in the ditch so bad they had to get a wrecker to come tow it. Road was slick, but he was definitely playing. Hope it co$tS him a fortune! :p

ROFLMAO I'm glad its not just me that gets to live the dream. Do yours look anything like this? $50,000 4 wd pickup truck with huge knobby tires with a trailer and a $7000 4-wheeler attached to the trailer on the back. Sound familiar.

No. Way. Jo, I thought they all came to Alabama! How many wanna be deer hunters with more money than sense can FL hold?

Latest posts