We got some rain!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Alice

Reaction score
It wasn't much, but for the 10 minutes it lasted it was pouring down...and it was heavenly!

Alice

We got some too. It's been great. Saturday we got 1/4" slow rain, lasted bout 3 hours. Yesterday afternoon we got 3/4" in about a couple hours time. We are loving it. Hope you get some more, soon, Alice.

Ryan

I'm glad someone got a good rain. We only got about 2/10s, but maybe, just maybe, it means our weather patterns are changing. :help: Our weather radar still shows some rain falling in the western part of OK and SW of us in Texas. And it's not even 80 degrees here yet. We've had a record number of 100+ degree days this year.

Frankie":mn4nrss6 said:
I'm glad someone got a good rain. We only got about 2/10s, but maybe, just maybe, it means our weather patterns are changing. :help: Our weather radar still shows some rain falling in the western part of OK and SW of us in Texas. And it's not even 80 degrees here yet. We've had a record number of 100+ degree days this year.

I'd take those 2/10ths if I could get them. I didn't get diddly!

Congrats to all those who got rain!

My turn! Is maw nature listening? My turn!

Frankie,

I always heard the term "He11 on earth." I do believe we've experienced it this summer. Fingers crossed that this small respite means a break for all of us.

Alice

You are lucky. I got about a quarter inch last weekend but nothing other than that since July 4th. And not before that since April. I just heard the fire engines go down the road with the sirens blazing. Guess I'd better get outside and see if I'm on fire.

Lammie":9mis8wbq said:
You are lucky. I got about a quarter inch last weekend but nothing other than that since July 4th. And not before that since April. I just heard the fire engines go down the road with the sirens blazing. Guess I'd better get outside and see if I'm on fire.
Fire is the biggest fear for most all of us right now I guess.

backhoeboogie":3d4j8jl7 said:
Lammie":3d4j8jl7 said:
Fire is the biggest fear for most all of us right now I guess.

I'm afraid that quick hard shower we had yesterday didn't do much to ease the fire fear...but it did let me see what rain looked like, again. :D

Alice

No rain in Sisterdale,not a drop for quite some time,Alice I was in stephenville few months back and it was sure dry,glad you got some rain...........good luck
PS is the avatar a picture of a rat terrier ? I had one for years still miss her.

HAY MAKER":2kdhapte said:
No rain in Sisterdale,not a drop for quite some time,Alice I was in stephenville few months back and it was sure dry,glad you got some rain...........good luck
PS is the avatar a picture of a rat terrier ? I had one for years still miss her.

YES! He is a rat terrier! And one of my very best friends. :D

I hope the rain makes it your way, too...anymore, I can literally smell the dry heat.

Alice

Alice":xl6lhtw3 said:
HAY MAKER":xl6lhtw3 said:

I hope the rain makes it your way, too...anymore, I can literally smell the dry heat.

Alice

That lil devil looks like he is a good watch dog ? I know the one I had was,she would guard my pickup with her life,Im still looking to replace her,I am partial to my cow dogs but I hafta admitt rat terriers are my favorite ;-) ...........good luck

want our rain wish I could send it, the storm lasted about an hour rain lashing down, now it is a steady light rain, the kind that seems to make you wetter, but good for the ground, there is a flood outside hope it doesn't get as far as the house. but as it is 2am don't suppose I'll venture out. time for bed and hope rain has stopped by morning.

HAY MAKER":39xrxheu said:
Alice":39xrxheu said:
HAY MAKER":39xrxheu said:

Alice

That lil devil looks like he is a good watch dog ? I know the one I had was,she would guard my pickup with her life,Im still looking to replace her,I am partial to my cow dogs but I hafta admitt rat terriers are my favorite ;-) ...........good luck

He is a wonderful watch dog.

Ya' know, for a very long time I had nothing but chows...I loved my chows...and I thought my preference was, and would always be for big dogs only. But, then this little guy and his litter mate landed in my lap...and I fell hard for them. And, I think the reason is the breed, itself. They are wonderful...smart, loyal, oh, now I'm starting to gush.

Alice

Latest posts