We did it!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks a bunch everyone. Sorry I had not responded back. Supreme Show at NYSF was on Tuesday and we went back on Thursday for our Simmental shift. Just got home.
They were Res Grand Champion in the Simmental Show. We had Champion Sr Heifer, Res. Yearling Hfr, Res Bull calf (the one on the cow). Won all the group classes we entered: Pair of Calves, Breeders Herd, Best 4 head, Best 5 head, NY Special (2 head bred & owned) and awarded Premier Exhibitor. Was 2nd in Premier Breeder which went to Hudson Pines Farm - which is no longer in business, but that tells you the top animals that did beat me were purchased from HPF. Mine are all Bred & Owned. We had an awesome day. Very good to be home!!!!

The cow is a Mack AF 2 year old, and the calf is a Kappes Pendleton born in January. Best thing about the bull - he is SOLD. We will be showing them again in 2 weeks, then weaned.
We are weaning all our other calves this week.

Son of Butch said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Supreme Cow/Calf of all NY Supreme C/c winners for 2019. Dam is a 2-year old, Jan bull calf.

Very Nice.
Care to share more details about each... please.
A shame the photographer didn't pose them better and ended up hiding the cow's udder.

Congratulations, they look great.

SOB I think Jeanne posted a photo of her udder in another post. Tight bag and uniform teats. Not the usual Simmental sloppy bag with the rear teats hanging 4 inches lower and each one a different size and shape.

I'm not questioning udder quality.
Just saying for promotion and keepsake would want a better photo worthy of a winner.
It's not every day that you have the opportunity to take such a photo, make the most of it.

thanks all. Appreciate the comments. I am VERY proud.
That was the pose asked for by photographer. When you are up there, you take cues from everyone else. You cannot see what they see. And - sometimes it can be really tricky getting TWO animals to stay lined up properly!!! LOL
This is a picture of cow last year as bred yearling:

Latest posts