We Bred a Winner

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
I know this should be on the show board but, this is pretty much the commercial 3waycross we have been working towards. I couldn't help showing him and my little Sweetheart off. This is her first try at showing beef. She is 14 and REALLY small for her age, as you can tell from the pictures. I picked out the calf for her with two things in mind #1 and most important disposition, #2 conformation. Looks like we got it right on both counts. She took Grand Champion at the Teller County Fair today.

The calf is 1/2 Angus 1/4 Gelbvieh, and 1/4 Shorthorn. He weighed 1236 lbs. The judge told her she had him finished perfectly, and I agree.

008_8_edited.jpg

004_4.jpg

003_3_edited.jpg

017_17_edited.jpg

Looks like it has a lot of strength through the top line which I love to see in a steer. Is that you the proud Dad in the bottom picture? Your daughter looks stoked :D Well done to both of you! :clap:

A 3 way cross won the last steer competition I went to. It was smaller than the others but the hind quarter and top line were amazing on it and it was finished spot on. Beautiful animal.

She's not mine. Wish she was. I am stuck with 3 boys/men.

She belongs to some friends who live up near Cripple Creek Colo.

I gotta tell ya the hug I got when she came out of that ring was sure priceless. Probably got her a heck of a discount on next years calf.

Looks like you and your daughter did a great job 3 way, congrats.

Mighty pretty young lady and a good looking steer to have to have there picture made with such a ugly old peckerwood. :lol: You got a right to be proud 3way.

Congratulations! That's a nice steer, you can tell she put a lot of hard work into the care of the calf, and you did your part with the breeding and genetics. It's nice when all the hard work pays off.

Congratulations! That's a nice steer, you can tell she put a lot of hard work into the care of the calf, and you did your part with the breeding and genetics. It's nice when all the hard work pays off.

3way-

Congratulations! WOW! It looks to me as if there are three WINNERS on this thread. The Calf is a WINNER, the girl is CERTAINLY a WINNER, and the guy with the stern look and sophisticated Mustache is a "REEL" WINNER! He looks like a "Duke" Wayne" Movie type! I can just hear him saying, "Wu-u-l, Hawdy there Pilgrim! Ya'll kin just - - Fill Yore Hand if'n yu' say enythin' close tu' - - bad about these sweethearts!"

You did a great job, 3way. I'm jes' proud tu' know yu'!

DOC HARRIS

WOW, he looks fabulous. All your hard work, doing the research and selection with dams and bulls, the specific genetics, your hard work and dedication should be commended. Now she follows through and does just what is needed and applauded as well.

Congratulations to all of you ,,,,,,you should be proud .. :nod:

Great job, and a great steer. :clap: :clap: :clap:

DOC HARRIS":3nu969zj said:
3way-

Congratulations! WOW! It looks to me as if there are three WINNERS on this thread. The Calf is a WINNER, the girl is CERTAINLY a WINNER, and the guy with the stern look and sophisticated Mustache is a "REEL" WINNER! He looks like a "Duke" Wayne" Movie type! I can just hear him saying, "Wu-u-l, Hawdy there Pilgrim! Ya'll kin just - - Fill Yore Hand if'n yu' say enythin' close tu' - - bad about these sweethearts!"

You did a great job, 3way. I'm jes' proud tu' know yu'!

DOC HARRIS

Wu-ul he-ll Pilgrim I hate ta tell ya but that's me SMILIN. Ya don't want ta see stern, believe me.LOL :cowboy:

I am impressed by the disposition you bred into that steer too. As you said, she's a pretty petite young lady to be working a steer like that. He sure better have a good disposition! Congratulations!

Good looking steer.
Had to do a double take because she looked like my daughter from behind, same shirt and everything. :D

Great job all around! Congrats, and here's a good reason to be proud. :nod:

Latest posts