We bought a new bull (and other bull pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

lakading":fck5wdw8 said:
NewCowboy":fck5wdw8 said:
I sure wish someone would post a desireable bull out of their pasture, not an internet photo for us to examine.

2.JPG

This is one of our herd sires. Straight Angus, so he won't be desireable to many, but works well for us. I suppose I'll get some comments about him not being brangusy enough. ;-)
fine looking bull with his work uniform on even better.

his sheath is what kill's way the he!! too much not just a tad over. no way would i use him is off springs well be the reason .if i were too breed him to strait angus gals that would be different but on brahman influance cows forget it no way a chicken bone nightmare im serious done seen too much of it

lakading":1dymyz0y said:
NewCowboy":1dymyz0y said:
Wow! Nice bull. Thanks for sharing that with me. I like the looks of him just FINE. How old is that bull? Looks pretty mature.

NCM

Thanks. He's 5 in the picture. It was taken last summer.

I like him. What's his breeding?

Frankie":1101ywl6 said:
lakading":1101ywl6 said:
NewCowboy":1101ywl6 said:
Wow! Nice bull. Thanks for sharing that with me. I like the looks of him just FINE. How old is that bull? Looks pretty mature.

NCM

Thanks. He's 5 in the picture. It was taken last summer.

I like him. What's his breeding?

Thanks. His sire is "G D A Universe 726G" and his MGS is "EXT."

He is a full brother to the other bull I've posted pictures of.

Lakading, I like everything about your bull. That bulls calves will bring TOP dollars. With a bull like that who needs brangus!

Thanks everyone for your comments. They really are appreciated. I have learned quite a bit just from this short post.

NCM

NewCowboy":1b2n1zdb said:
This is a photo of a bull we raised from our Cow Creek Bull and Dam # We are planning on selling him. Would you say he looks better than what we bought???? :?: :shock: Or is he a reject also? He is only 15 months old.

IMG_1788_1_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

Also, this is the bull we are selling this weekend, or rather sending to the stockyard for slaughter price. He is 9 years old and getting to slow to service all in a timely manner. Go ahead, say it..... :roll:

IMG_1765_1_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

NewCowboy's family :cboy: :pretty: :cboy: :kid: :kid:
The cow creek folks work on excess leather and tighter sheath that the biggest problems with brangus in the past that is why this bull will only be sending you back 10-15 years you see your bull you raised look at his sheath angles foward , not strait down one day this new bull will be laying down and when he gets up its good by penis hello salebarn. trust me ;-)

One thing to keep in mind is you have mentioned more than once that he is gauranteed and you can take him back. Well that is surely not going to be a forever deal, Problems might not happen this year or maybe next year, could be a couple years down the line before he has Penis problems.

aplusmnt":37lng9ji said:
...could be a couple years down the line before he has Pecker problems.

Good point. However, let's keep in mind that kids are probably reading this thread. :oops: Although, NewCowboy may have heard worse elsewhere. ;-)

lakading":3i7o1b96 said:
aplusmnt":3i7o1b96 said:

Good point. However, let's keep in mind that kids are probably reading this thread. :oops: Although, NewCowboy may have heard worse elsewhere. ;-)

Replaced it with Penis, hope that sounds better :)

aplusmnt":3celfi44 said:
lakading":3celfi44 said:
aplusmnt":3celfi44 said:

Replaced it with Penis, hope that sounds better :)

Tis more official and should only get 1/2 the chuckles as the alternative. :lol: Heck, I still chuckle sometimes when I hear the other one. At least Penis shouldn't get him into trouble at shcool, etc. :D

NewCowboy":3nuhjwe3 said:
This is a photo of a bull we raised from our Cow Creek Bull and Dam # We are planning on selling him. Would you say he looks better than what we bought???? :?: :shock: Or is he a reject also? He is only 15 months old.

IMG_1788_1_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

Also, this is the bull we are selling this weekend, or rather sending to the stockyard for slaughter price. He is 9 years old and getting to slow to service all in a timely manner. Go ahead, say it..... :roll:

IMG_1765_1_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

NewCowboy's family :cboy: :pretty: :cboy: :kid: :kid:

How much does the 15 mo bull weight and how much do you want for him? His sheath would work up here in Wisconsin. I found a table developed by LSU on the ALOT Angus Assocation web site that would tell you how good he is by comparing weight and age.

this is one of our herd sires. I didn't raise him I only own him. Most who have seen him say he is about as correct as you could ask for. He is only 14 monthes in this pic
468n10LG.jpg

here is a bull that is 11 monthes old. he is thick topped and would be used to moderate frame. He is typical of the young bulls we sell ww 740 adjusted YW 1280
DSCN0669sundancekid.jpg

here are some of our yearling bulls that we have. they are 10 1/2 -12 monthes. They are not the next great herd sire but I wanted to show you what a bull with a good topline looks like. Also there are some who have posted bulls with no ass at all. These bulls have some flaws but they have some meat in there backside. These are range bulls that we sell for $1750-$2500. I look at some of the herd sires that some use on here and wonder if those are teh bulls you select, what did the bulls that you didn't select look like. A decent bull doesn;t have to cost a lot of money but a cheap crappy bull will get you behind
DSCN0659a.jpg

DSCN0626.jpg

DSCN0544210bull.jpg

this is a bull with a not so great top. this bull is an absolute monstor. ww 815 yw 1380. he would be great for a commercial cowman selling for lbs at weaning time.
DSCN0547tank.jpg

plbcattle":331fzbiy said:
here are some of our yearling bulls that we have. they are 10 1/2 -12 monthes. They are not the next great herd sire but I wanted to show you what a bull with a good topline looks like. Also there are some who have posted bulls with no ass at all. These bulls have some flaws but they have some meat in there backside. These are range bulls that we sell for $1750-$2500. I look at some of the herd sires that some use on here and wonder if those are teh bulls you select, what did the bulls that you didn't select look like. A decent bull doesn;t have to cost a lot of money but a cheap crappy bull will get you behind

Thanks for the great photos. I see what you mean by a good topline. There is a difference for sure in my bull and yours.

NewCowboy

Latest posts