We bought a new bull (and other bull pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

NewCowboy

Reaction score
We had our new bull delivered today. Comments?

IMG_1793_2_1_2_1_2_1.jpg

IMG_1792_1_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

IMG_1791_1_1_1_1.jpg

DOB 10/10/04
BW 90
205 day adj 715
365 day adj 1012
BW 0.8
WW 34.3
YW 56.3

Thanks for your comments, good or bad. Please be honest, don't worry about hurting our feelings if you don't like him. We think we will like him a lot.

NewCowboy :cboy: and NewCowboy's Mom ;-)

Nice bull...just a tad too much sheath as has been mentioned. What breed is he?

Texan said:
Bad sheath. quote]

When first looking at this bull, his prepuce was not hanging loose. I think he was anxious to be let out with the cows.

This bull is guaranteed to service. If we have any problems, we have a guarantee to choose another bull if he does not service adequately. He has passed a vet exam and is guaranteed to breed. Also has been tested for Johnes, BVD, and Brucellosis. Vaccinated against vibriosis, leptospirosis, IBR, P13, BVD, BRSV, and has been wormed. A written record of all of this and a written breeding guarantee came with this bull.

NewCowboy's Mom 8)

Texan":3p5cszk0 said:
He should have been a steer. Bad sheath. Nothing else matters. Sorry.

I have to agree-- If he were up here in our buckbrush and sagebrush country his unit would be sored up and swollen up in a week and be out of action.....

Oldtimer":39u5qwer said:
Texan":39u5qwer said:
He should have been a steer. Bad sheath. Nothing else matters. Sorry.

I have to agree-- If he were up here in our buckbrush and sagebrush country his unit would be sored up and swollen up in a week and be out of action.....

I like Brangus that is one pitful specimen, he is going to have tally wacker problems and his topline stinks.

hes just ok. the sheath would be a concern for me as well. i'd also like to see more length.

This is a photo of a bull we raised from our Cow Creek Bull and Dam # We are planning on selling him. Would you say he looks better than what we bought???? :?: :shock: Or is he a reject also? He is only 15 months old.

IMG_1788_1_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

Also, this is the bull we are selling this weekend, or rather sending to the stockyard for slaughter price. He is 9 years old and getting to slow to service all in a timely manner. Go ahead, say it..... :roll:

IMG_1765_1_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

NewCowboy's family :cboy: :pretty: :cboy: :kid: :kid:

Just a quick FYI. We have had seven private messages telling us everything from your bull looks good to I wish I had that bull. They were all positive to our new addition, nothing negative at all. Some had questions.....Don't worry, I won't rat anyone out, but they were not from minimal posters, some were from actual GURU'S......wow, it is amazing how even on a message board, someone can be afraid to express their opinion for fear of being ostracized. I am not afraid to post a photo. Maybe someone could post a photo of a "perfect" bull for all of us to examine....Just my thoughts...... ;-) Yeee haaaaa

NCM :pretty:

yeah i would imagine that there is 3 or 4 times the activity going on "behind the scenes" than what the general public gets to see. at least.

NewCowboy":2tx3kz3e said:
NewCowboy":2tx3kz3e said:
Thanks for your comments, good or bad. Please be honest, don't worry about hurting our feelings if you don't like him. We think we will like him a lot.

...I am not afraid to post a photo. Maybe someone could post a photo of a "perfect" bull for all of us to examine....Just my thoughts...... ;-) Yeee haaaaa

NCM :pretty:

You did ask for it. ;-)

Anyway, I personally like your home raise bull better than the one you purchased. Like you said though. YOU LIKE HIM and that is the most important thing! Good luck with him.

I do like the looks of your new bull, but the sheath could be a problem for you. I have one farm I run a brangus on but has nothing but brumuda grass. I've got another place next to a mountain where I wouldn't dare run him on so I quess it just depends upon YOUR pastures. I would keep a close eye on it and hope he works well for you.

true dat.

i like the new bull better than your bull calf. the brangusier the better, i think.

lakading You did ask for it. ;-) Anyway said:
You are so right! I did ask for it. I am not offended by the undesirable comments....it is just so funny that so many have such different opinions on what is considered "good cattle". We will either be very happy next year or we will be getting a new bull. Time will tell and since we have other bulls doing the deed for us also, we have time we are willing to spare. My son and I may seem I G N O R A N T on this message board, but rest assured, my husband and stepfather know exactly what they are doing. I am in charge of naming the cattle (ha ha)and deciding what to spend the profits on :lol: :lol: :lol: .....again I say....yeeeeee haaaaaaa :p I sure wish someone would post a desireable bull out of their pasture, not an internet photo for us to examine.

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS, GOOD :D AND BAD :( ....

NCM :heart:;-)

Rod":167z0f70 said:
but the sheath could be a problem for you. I have one farm I run a brangus on but has nothing but brumuda grass.

We run our cows on flat pasture, no rocky slopes, mountains, or problem areas. Our question will be ability to service....and by the looks of his interest late this evening, should be ok. For some reason, the sheath looks longer and more prominent in the photo, as well as the bull looking smaller somehow. I guarantee that if you saw this big guy up close, you would be impressed (or not :) )

NCM :idea:

Beefy":3hvtpptp said:
true dat.

i like the new bull better than your bull calf. the brangusier the better, i think.

I had to think and reread that "brangusier" word..... :D But yes, that is why we were selling the raised bull and bought one with more brangus influence.

NCM :idea:

Caustic Burno":3nszd5vb said:
I like Brangus that is one pitful specimen, he is going to have tally wacker problems and his topline stinks.

Just curious, do you have a photo to share of your cattle or a brangus with a good topline? Thanks for your help in advance.

NCM :help:

Latest posts