We are out of Syria......

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":23jzuu8s said:
Don't think so. But if you can cite where I did, then I did.

CB

It is worth adding that although the conflict is deep rooted, there was a lot of contemporary resentment because with the recognition of the state of Israel, many Palestinians were forced out of their homes to make way for settlement by relocated Jewish refugees. In fact, the issues are specific to the West Bank conflict.

greybeard":3f19gnbi said:
Bright Raven":3f19gnbi said:
Don't think so. But if you can cite where I did, then I did.

CB

It is worth adding that although the conflict is deep rooted, there was a lot of contemporary resentment because with the recognition of the state of Israel, many Palestinians were forced out of their homes to make way for settlement by relocated Jewish refugees. In fact, the issues are specific to the West Bank conflict.

That does not assign fault. It does explain the source of some of the resentment.

you already stated Israel and the creation of that State was the problem..now, you're just crawfishin

Can't say I blame ya.

greybeard":2e3y6l3o said:
you already stated Israel and the creation of that State was the problem..now, you're just crawfishin

Can't say I blame ya.

Well, I am so sorry I offended you.

you guys hear anything about this black ops guy who is getting charged with murder for killing a terrorist "wrong" ?

ddd75":20j14sp5 said:
you guys hear anything about this black ops guy who is getting charged with murder for killing a terrorist "wrong" ?
Yes, read about it last weekend. If I understood it correctly, the officer was ordered to release the guy and did but afterwards found the terrorist and killed him out of concern for his men's safety. Admitted to executing him to the CIA.
Going to be a hard row to hoe for him on the charge since he already admitted guilt and it's one more case of our troops not being able to prosecute war to the same level the enemy does. I'm not sure we should always be able to, but tying their hands isn't very conducive to completing their mission.
Having said that, a lawful order is a lawful order.
It will be 'interesting' to see how his defense proceeds.

greybeard":1dtwzvr9 said:
ddd75":1dtwzvr9 said:
Yes, read about it last weekend. If I understood it correctly, the officer was ordered to release the guy and did but afterwards found the terrorist and killed him out of concern for his men's safety. Admitted to executing him to the CIA.
Going to be a hard row to hoe for him on the charge since he already admitted guilt and it's one more case of our troops not being able to prosecute war to the same level the enemy does. I'm not sure we should always be able to, but tying their hands isn't very conducive to completing their mission.
Having said that, a lawful order is a lawful order.
It will be 'interesting' to see how his defense proceeds.

I feel bad for the boy. sacrificing everything.. and treated like this.

Caustic Burno":rt03bnm8 said:
hurleyjd":rt03bnm8 said:
Caustic Burno":rt03bnm8 said:
We have been the worlds police force way too long IMO. Now let's start cutting off the foreign aide.
He reminds me of Regan his unpredictability scares the crap out of them. They knew the rest were just talk.

We need to cut the aid to Israel they are the ones in the area that gets the most.

Never IMO we pay to 92 countries only Israel keeps the wolf at bay. The rest want us dead.
Maybe if you stopped paying their enemies you wouldn't be as hated?

Meanwhile, here are some numbers for you
Jews make up 1.7% of the US population, they hold 14 senate seats (that's 9x overrepresentation), 3 supreme court justices (33%, or 20x overrepresentation) (Ginsburg, Breyer and Kagan, the first two nominated by Clinton, Kagan by Obama), and they are FAR over represented in all levels of government and banking, worldwide.

greybeard":3dxbjgfd said:
The issues between Arab and Jews existed and were bloody long before the establishment of the Jewish State in late 40s.

Using the analogy that Japan was 'justified' in their Pearl Harbor attack because of trade embargoes is tantamount to saying China is justified to embark on a physical war on the US because of the current trade war and equally so for N. Korea to attack this country (and many others) because of trade embargoes.
It's all apologist rationalizations to try to sweep away a very real and very old existence of hate for hate's sake.
There's also a difference between "justification", and being left no other choice but to attack.. and my memory is good enough to remember N Korea was pretty darned close to it only a year ago or so..

If all other countries put an embargo on the US, you'd run out of socks, underwear, car parts, cell phones, etc in a matter of months.. how long do you think it would be before war was declared to rectify that problem? Would it be justified? Maybe that would depend on which side of it you're looking at it from! And would it be a logically predictable outcome?

Nesikep":1p0maus8 said:
Caustic Burno":1p0maus8 said:
hurleyjd":1p0maus8 said:
We need to cut the aid to Israel they are the ones in the area that gets the most.

Never IMO we pay to 92 countries only Israel keeps the wolf at bay. The rest want us dead.
Maybe if you stopped paying their enemies you wouldn't be as hated?

Meanwhile, here are some numbers for you
Jews make up 1.7% of the US population, they hold 14 senate seats (that's 9x overrepresentation), 3 supreme court justices (33%, or 20x overrepresentation) (Ginsburg, Breyer and Kagan, the first two nominated by Clinton, Kagan by Obama), and they are FAR over represented in all levels of government and banking, worldwide.
Nesi, I do hear what you're saying but it also makes me a bit skittish since a certain guy with a really cheesy mustache and his buddies railed on them for their supposedly running all the banks etc. It's a fine line. (I know you see it but those idiots prancing around with tiki torches don't need any encouragement). They are also a people who highly value education and achievement so the fact that they often do well isn't surprising. My concern is really more with the chicken-and-egg conundrum we've gotten ourselves into: some folks (above) are right that Israel is one of our few friends in the Middle East. But others (like you) are also right to ask whether some of the animosity from other countries isn't due at least in part to our unqualified support of Israel. It's a pickle to be sure...I don't like feeling like our foreign policy is run by another country (well, two, now).

Nesikep":3tv2wlby said:
greybeard":3tv2wlby said:
The issues between Arab and Jews existed and were bloody long before the establishment of the Jewish State in late 40s.

Using the analogy that Japan was 'justified' in their Pearl Harbor attack because of trade embargoes is tantamount to saying China is justified to embark on a physical war on the US because of the current trade war and equally so for N. Korea to attack this country (and many others) because of trade embargoes.
It's all apologist rationalizations to try to sweep away a very real and very old existence of hate for hate's sake.
There's also a difference between "justification", and being left no other choice but to attack.. and my memory is good enough to remember N Korea was pretty darned close to it only a year ago or so..

If all other countries put an embargo on the US, you'd run out of socks, underwear, car parts, cell phones, etc in a matter of months.. how long do you think it would be before war was declared to rectify that problem? Would it be justified? Maybe that would depend on which side of it you're looking at it from! And would it be a logically predictable outcome?
I bet we could learn to make socks.

HDRider":1n33h23b said:
Nesikep":1n33h23b said:
greybeard":1n33h23b said:

This old world needs the USA a heck of a lot more than we need them.

TennesseeTuxedo":1g8gotej said:
HDRider":1g8gotej said:
Nesikep":1g8gotej said:

This old world needs the USA a heck of a lot more than we need them.

Until we learn to balance the budget, we need their money.