Ways to Build Wealth ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve said:
callmefence said:
I ve got everything tied up in scrap iron.

Does this count as precious metal in your area?

I have lots of precious metal on my place. The issue is the tons of dirt and worthless rock it is mixed with. If I could magically just pull it out of the ground I would be a multi millionaire over night.

i'm at over 60 tons in metal on this farm I bought. I think i'll hit 70-75 tons and should have it cleaned up.

The farm has plenty of limestone. If it was mined and put in roads I would be a multimillionaire.

jltrent said:
The farm has plenty of limestone. If it was mined and put in roads I would be a multimillionaire.

I totally respect the intestinal fortitude it takes to eschew such a fabulous opportunity to obtain that level of wealth and the accompanying fame and notoriety.

I'd have started moving dirt years ago.

I've got a few toys, pretty good wad of cows, half a dozen rentals, a little land, a nice house, half worn out pickup, some debt, a lot of equity, and very little money. BUT, I'm well fed, well clothed, have a good wife, 3 very well mannered kids, both my parents, and we are all very healthy to the best of our knowledge. I'd rather have the second part than a pile of money. So I'm satisfied.

However, I have no problem with money. And if my maker sees fit for me to have enough to burn a wet mule, then I'd gladly take it. I figure I will die relatively broke. But somebody will likely benefit greatly from all the sweat I shed over the years! And I reckon that's ok too.