WAY too many angus bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

AngusSenorita

Reaction score
http://bullbarn.com/angblkprice.asp ahhhhhhh

any sugestions for my heifer

here are pics of my heifer

Pic004.jpg

(our county show, my mom left the camera in slow-mo so it is blurry)

Pic022.jpg

(butt view)

new007.jpg

(front view)

new004.jpg

side- she was standing at an angle here, she has a really level top in person

I can't get these two to work

three main things I want to work on are bone, depth of flank and a longer neck would be nice, but it is like the last thing on my list

finally done, i had to edit a million times to get the pics to work

ccc":19txqbwi said:
What is in her pedigree?

And what is it you are wanting to breed for? Looking for show heifers? Replacement heifer?

I am assuming since you posted the website with Angus sires you are wanting to go Angus bull on her? If that is the case I really like OCC Legend, have saw some super nice moderate framed show calves out of him. Maybe even Northern Improvement, hard to go wrong with him in most cases on a heifer.

More depth of Flank will make them look more balanced. Australian you got to give it up. Thats a nice looking heifer New Fontier would do good for her.

k thanks

I am looking at hot rod, I was looking at BC Matrix, but then I found a 2nd picture of him and changed my mind. I am still looking at BC Mr. Beef though, both pics I have found of him he looks great

I am going to call my breeder once Houston is over(he doing open show and so he is busy with all these major shows going on right now) and get his opinion

well valentine is my 1st angus, but she is the calmest heifer in our barn, and she has never kicked. so either people exagerate or she is an exception, mybe it her dad(VRD)

aplusmnt":i6ywmign said:
ccc":i6ywmign said:
What is in her pedigree?

And what is it you are wanting to breed for? Looking for show heifers? Replacement heifer?

I am assuming since you posted the website with Angus sires you are wanting to go Angus bull on her? If that is the case I really like OCC Legend, have saw some super nice moderate framed show calves out of him. Maybe even Northern Improvement, hard to go wrong with him in most cases on a heifer.
These two sires show up a lot in the Simmental/Angus cross cattle - to produce show cattle. Aplusmnt has a good eye for cattle, his advice is good.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":330l3ebt said:
aplusmnt":330l3ebt said:
ccc":330l3ebt said:
What is in her pedigree?

These two sires show up a lot in the Simmental/Angus cross cattle - to produce show cattle. Aplusmnt has a good eye for cattle, his advice is good.

Jeanne thanks for the vote of confidence. Usually no one can go wrong with Northern Improvement on heifers he has stood the test of time and puts some value in those first calves. And Legend is just a fovorite of mine, I like the OCC Moderate framed Angus Bulls.

But by far AAOK (Dan), has a better eye than me and I know Hot Rod is making quite the name for him self. Not sure what kind of accuracy he has on BW but he might really kick out a nice first calf for her.

jaydill":356xmnbt said:
I'm partial to Legend.

Legend is one of my favorite Angus bulls, saw some nice calves out of him. Lots of them were Angus x Maine. We have a Legend grand baby (out of Old School) on the ground now I like her alot considering she came out of a pretty plain heifer.

I'm not a Angus guy. I've always joked that the best thing about an Angus is, they'll make 'em black.

If you will go to the Show Ring, and look at the Hot Rod heifers; break them apart, ponder on them, and really analyze them, this is what you'll find. Angular calves, straight lines, increased bone and muscle, clean, smooth fronts and shoulders. They don't look like Angus calves; they are too good. Hot Rod is a phenotypical breed improver.

All Angus Bulls that have semen sold are DNA tested. Hot Rod is as much Angus as any Angus.

Nice Hfr. Straight, thick top topped, thick butted and looks like a clean underline. Legs look OK..
Post her Reg. #.

Latest posts