Watusi / genetics

Help Support CattleToday:

mpassmore85

Reaction score
Was thinking about using a watusi bull on some pet cows we have (longhorn and corriente)

Wondering genetically if watusi would be dominant or if it would be a normal split?

Only debating as I found a really nice bull

I was wondering about color. If they are breeding to longhorn/corriente 1/2 watusi base is great for horns.

The breeder doesn't know. She imported 8 for pets and has a herd and only breeding them.

She said she imported from Sudan

mpassmore85":26nwkz8k said:
I was wondering about color. If they are breeding to longhorn/corriente 1/2 watusi base is great for horns.

The breeder doesn't know. She imported 8 for pets and has a herd and only breeding them.

She said she imported from Sudan

They have to have an Association you can contact.
I wouldn't have a clue as I have only seen a half dozen in my life.
Those were pasture ornaments.

Horn base is about like my thigh and I am not small lol. Besides I'm too much of a hippy to sell something for its skull.

Is the Watusi bull has a swedish pattern color? That color pattern is very dominant, even a black bull won't knock the swedish pattern off.

mpassmore85":3im71i6l said:
The bull is solid red. Actually very nice confirmation like a limo
I've seen few nice red watusi that has more beef than most longhorns. I don't see any reason why you can't use him on your pet cows.

Sweet. Was concerned about color mainly. Horn base definitely isn't helpful though

Latest posts