Watusi Genetic Defects

Help Support CattleToday:

TiredAngel

Reaction score
I am working on a project for one of my classes, and I am trying to research common genetic defects of the Watusi. I have searched several websites, and have been unable to come up with defects in the watusi. Are there any defects (positive, or negative) that I can look into? Are there any websites that I can go to to find this information?

please tell me you didnt have a choice in what you are researching...

TiredAngel":1ks08ct7 said:
I am working on a project for one of my classes, and I am trying to research common genetic defects of the Watusi. I have searched several websites, and have been unable to come up with defects in the watusi. Are there any defects (positive, or negative) that I can look into? Are there any websites that I can go to to find this information?

There are so few of them around..... My only suggestion would be to check with the breed association.

http://www.watusicattle.com/

Trust me; the watusi breed has no known defects, it is one of the most sound and healthy breeds on the planet. I have read a lot about the breed and worked with people who have worked with this breed, both in the west at zoo parks and in real life, the herds of rwanda. Ask your teacher for another breed, or write about the watusi breed and its hardiness and easy calvings!

Latest posts