Watertank.....has anyone put....

Help Support CattleToday:

I know of a lady who put fish in her horse tank. She said the coons ate them faster than she could put them in. :lol:

I have fish in mine. The birds got one and the cat got one. The rest are having babies. You would want to put a plant eating fish in there so they will eat the algie. Mollies work pretty well and they are small so they are harder for the wildlife to catch.

What kind of water tank? You have to be sure it's large enough and you have a float so they get fresh water.

I bought 8 of the twenty-five cent goldfish from Petsmart about two months ago. I still have six left. They should live for years.

We have fish in all of our water troughs. If you have a float to keep the tank full it's harder for the coons and birds to catch them.

hee...just put 9 little goldfish 9 (only 4 gold, 3 black,1 silver. and one mottled...) do i have to feed them goldfish food?

I put 6 goldfish in a 360 gallon concrete water tank. It has an automatic waterer on it. The have been in there over a year, and the tank even froze pretty solid a couple of times. I never fee them, and they seem to be doing fine.

I also put 3 goldfish in a smaller stainless steel tank with an automatic waterer. All three of them died within a few months. Don't know if the tank was too small (probably 100 gal) or it has something to do with the stainless steel tank.

TY for your replies....now....trying to keep kidlets from "fishing" with a net to count...lol! I told them if they die, they will float....but nope...kids with arms in the water....haha....what fun!

:shock: ROFLMAO......I won't do that, don't want to poison the horses....but all the fish seem to be really happy in their new home....thanks, all!

I think maybe he had missunderstood and was talking about the water tank on the water well, not the water trough.

TXBobcat said:
I put 6 goldfish in a 360 gallon concrete water tank. It has an automatic waterer on it. The have been in there over a year, and the tank even froze pretty solid a couple of times. I never fee them, and they seem to be doing fine.

I also put 3 goldfish in a smaller stainless steel tank with an automatic waterer. All three of them died within a few months. Don't know if the tank was too small (probably 100 gal) or it has something to do with the stainless steel tank.

100gal is not to small for 3 goldfish. You can keep them in a 1gal aquarium. There may have been some oil or coating on the sides of the tank that were toxic to fish. I put 2 ciclids in my tank and now have about 300. They are worse than the rabbits!!

I have one goldfish in my water tank, "Lucky" he is at least four or five years old, may be even older (I can't remember off the top of my head) and he is tough as heck!! We have frozen him, squashed him under collapsed ice, darn near cooked him with the tank heater, our cows drank the tank almost dry (it sits at a slight angle - lucky for him!) and he just keeps growing!! He is probaby 5 or 6 inches long now. We don't feed him and his fresh water comes when we fill up the tank when it needs it - I better watch out PETA is going to come after me for fish abuse!!

I put an old cedar post lenght wise. This gave mine a little shelter for the cats and coons. This also keeps the same from drowning when they fall in and ruinign the water.

Scotty

Latest posts