watermelon thieves

Help Support CattleToday:

jfont

Reaction score
A watermelon farmer noticed everyday there were a few melons missing. He found cut stems and a few foot prints and came to the conclusion that he was being robbed. He hid at night for a few hours, alternating the times he'd stay in the field, but never caught the bandit. So he figured he'd out smart this clever thief by erecting a sign that read "one of these watermelons has poison in it". The next morning when he went out to the field he saw a new sign that read "now two of these watermelons has poison in it"

jfont":kwoxpe44 said:
A watermelon farmer noticed everyday there were a few melons missing. He found cut stems and a few foot prints and came to the conclusion that he was being robbed. He hid at night for a few hours, alternating the times he'd stay in the field, but never caught the bandit. So he figured he'd out smart this clever thief by erecting a sign that read "one of these watermelons has poison in it". The next morning when he went out to the field he saw a new sign that read "now two of these watermelons has poison in it"

Very good old rancher down the road from me was having heck with deer on his melons. First he went to the barber shop and spread hair around the patch. This worked a few days. Second placed a hot wire around the patch this also worked for a few days. Now he is getting really PO'd. and placed a radio in his watermelon field. I seen him a few days later coming down the road on his tractor and ask how his melons were doing. His response was the d**n deer have swept up the hair, tore down the hot wire,changed the radio station and partied all night long with my watermelons.

In Arkansas when my brothers & I was just boys, our idea of having fun in the summer time was slipping into someone's mellon patch and getting one. We had one old man shoot up in the air one night when his dogs cut loose barking. Scared us half to death, found out years later he knew it was us and was just having a little fun his self. I guess to the kids these days it would seem pretty tame but to us it was the height of excitment.
;-)

Latest posts