Water line and creeks

Help Support CattleToday:

You can hang it from a cable.
Like the tin in the water gap thread.

have seen it strapped to a a good sized log that went across the creek.

(couldn't help)

You could angle the end of the pipe on one side of the creek just at about 38 to 45 degrees.

Then you take the pipe on the other side and duck tape a nice big funnel to it. Now turn the water on. If you got the angle right and you got good pressure that water should just leap right over that creek and land in the funnel :lol:

Now if you aren't go'n to far with it just angle that pipe a bit more and sheeezaam.... Launch that water right to the spot.

(again sorry, couldn't help..... I was going to include drawings and such, so at least I didnt do that) ;-)

Mike

Oh how lucky you are to not have frost line to worry about! Here water lines had better be several feet down to work in the winter, or not be froze and broke all to pieces the next summer. Years ago we shanked one through a wide shallow creek, bladed kind of a trench through it with a D6, then used a boot on a ripper shank to put in on in. Usually this creek only runs March-June but there was quite a bit of water in it when it was done. I am sure there is some government outfit that would haul you to jail if you tried it now. Directional boring maybe- sounds cheap ;-) .

Latest posts