Water Hoses

Help Support CattleToday:

2barmcattle

Reaction score
Why do they even make and/or sell the junk water hoses that are out there now a day???
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :x :x :x :x :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
They are ALL junk unless you go for the thicker $50.00 hoses. The manufacturers know they are junk and they put them on the shelves anyway.

We go ahead and get the real rubber hoses. They are more expensive, but they last forever. The only things I don't like about them are that they will get black stuff on your hands or legs or whatever and they kink up bad when it's hot, which is every day around here lately... :mad: As long as you twist them when you unroll them, they don't kink up as bad. I still prefer them to the cheapie ones. And I don't think I paid fifty dollars. More like thirty.

2barmcattle":2q1dquoi said:
Why do they even make and/or sell the junk water hoses that are out there now a day???
They are ALL junk unless you go for the thicker $50.00 hoses. The manufacturers know they are junk and they put them on the shelves anyway.
their made too sell not use

2barmcattle":1o3y9vq8 said:

Kinda like the diamond ring I got my wife. A friend asked if it was a real diamond and I told him "If it ain't I just got screwed outta $29.95".

I was at a Sams Club in Joliet, Illinois a couple of years ago and saw some really nice 100 footers. Heavy duty rubber with the heavy brass fittings and tension springs at each end. They were 24.00 each and I bought 3. My wife complained because they took up so much space in the car all the way back to Tennessee. It was worth it.

HOSS":ovf491qx said:
I was at a Sams Club in Joliet, Illinois a couple of years ago and saw some really nice 100 footers. Heavy duty rubber with the heavy brass fittings and tension springs at each end. They were 24.00 each and I bought 3. My wife complained because they took up so much space in the car all the way back to Tennessee. It was worth it.
I have the same ones I bet Hoss
good heavy rubber black with a yellow stripe I beleive

Angus Cowman":wo1vykhh said:
Yup, and you can drive across them for years and not have any problems

Angus Cowman":3tqo6znv said:
dun":3tqo6znv said:
Angus Cowman":3tqo6znv said:
Yup, and you can drive across them for years and not have any problems
don't take a disc across one tho

don't ask
A side delivery rake gets them pretty scrambled up too

Angus Cowman":c7nfzw5c said:
HOSS":c7nfzw5c said:

yep those are the ones. Just don't lose them in tall grass....for some reason that yeller stripe makes it look like a snake......bad thing here in Tennessee where we check behind every blade of grass before commiting that foot step. We have a good population of rattlers and copperheads.

dun":zohuf3yd said:
A side delivery rake gets them pretty scrambled up too

One of my 100 footers is now a 60 footer and I also have a 20 footer and a 16 or so. New connectors on the ends resolved most of the problem. No one has fessed up yet as to what happened but it doesn't take much to postulate. Did I mention the broken riser pipe? Fixing that wasn't as easy.

HOSS":269lrsxg said:
Angus Cowman":269lrsxg said:
HOSS":269lrsxg said:

yep those are the ones. Just don't lose them in tall grass....for some reason that yeller stripe makes it look like a snake......bad thing here in Tennessee where we check behind every blade of grass before commiting that foot step. We have a good population of rattlers and copperheads.

Amen, Hoss. I have done a double take many times thinking the dang hose was a garter snake.

Angus Cowman":1k3bqe5h said:
HOSS":1k3bqe5h said:
I had 3 of the black with yellows. Nobody borrowed them but now I only have 2 of them. They are left stretched out from the wellhouse to the hog shed (about 190') from early April through the end of July. They are on their third year now. Was at Sam's in St. Louis this spring and they had 120' bonus length hoses for $25. Got 2 more now, gray with a red stripe!

Latest posts