water for sale

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
I am getting out of the cattle business and I am going to sell water. I have got way more than I need. I can't recall ever getting this much rain in a 2 month timeframe. anybody got any tips on building an arc.

We're in the same boat (pun intended) here plb, something like 12" in the last 7 weeks. I'll even throw in mud with the water deal.

PLB -- if you find out anything more about it I'm sure the folks down around Wharton and El Campo, Texas would be interested to hear about it. They certainly have a little excess water :mad:

On another note, I think you mentioned earlier on a different thread that you raised deer in addition to cattle -- right? If so, do you raise something like Red deer for the restaurant trade, or super genetics Whitetails for ranch stocking? I just read an account of two guys that bought a real hotshot S. Texas breeder buck (as I recall the deer was named "Dreambuck") for $450,000 and are selling semen straws for $3,500 each. Pretty incredible!

One of the other agents in my office had a trophy buck ranch listed near south Texas... the owner was a millionaire from raising deer. He does AI work on his does, and sells progeny and breeding stock.

I'm in the wrong business! (Raising cattle, not real estate! :)

dd":3qk6y016 said:
We're in the same boat (pun intended) here plb, something like 12" in the last 7 weeks. I'll even throw in mud with the water deal.

Heck it rained to much for Noah here got 12 inches last week. When he came by I ask if he could leave the fireants and skeeters off the boat this time.

Campground Cattle":7jrcyjod said:
When he came by I ask if he could leave the fireants and skeeters off the boat this time.
I guess in your old age dementia, you neglected to ask him about leaving off the feral hogs and those white-legged, bob-tailed buzzards. Maybe you can catch him before he gets away........

Texan":3o94nnqe said:
Campground Cattle":3o94nnqe said:
When he came by I ask if he could leave the fireants and skeeters off the boat this time.
I guess in your old age dementia, you neglected to ask him about leaving off the feral hogs and those white-legged, bob-tailed buzzards. Maybe you can catch him before he gets away........

Not dementia
Don't have a problem with hogs, or bob tailed buzzards plenty of timber for cows to calf in.

Campground Cattle":cxrnyauv said:
Don't have a problem with hogs, or bob tailed buzzards plenty of timber for cows to calf in.
Don't have a problem with hogs? Maybe those white-faced acorn eaters of your's keep the rooters starved out? Guess a little timber's a good thing, huh?

We got 7 inches of rain in two days last week. Supposed to get several more tomorrow and Wed. Guess it's a good thing we live on a mountain. Not too good when digging fence post holes, but nice when all the water runs off.

Texan":3au7ob7p said:
Campground Cattle":3au7ob7p said:
Don't have a problem with hogs? Maybe those white-faced acorn eaters of your's keep the rooters starved out? Guess a little timber's a good thing, huh?

White and Red oak acorns free feed we are probably a little more frugal ranchers being a small potatoe operation.

arnold, back it the height of breeding deer we owned about 25 bucks over 240". we owned the buck "30-30" until he died of old age. we sold a lot of semen,bred does,and buck fawns out of him. we had to with a purchase price of $150,000. there is a deer up in michigan or wisconsin that they want 1 million for the deer. it also includes his last 2 years sheds. deer are to fickle, I'll stick with by black cows.

special : buy one bucket of water and get a bucket of mud and slop for free. what does the sun look like

Just thought I'd report in that it's pouring buckets here in south central Tennessee right now too. I've got Toby's new CD playing right now and I can still hear the thunder....

not to bring up last year , but here in eastern NC in the months of june , july, and aug. we got 58 inches of rain acording to the county weather station. It was the hardest thing to deal with we ever had. But we got 17" the night hurricane Floyd came through in 1998 .I know that chronic rain fall can be devestating . We also have 4 different hog farms all with lagoons to be managed to keep in compliance with DWQ. It was a nightmare. It will riun your pasture stands . this year we are having to reseed almost all of our fescue and alot of bermuda as well due to last years rain. Not to mention it was totally impossible to put any hay that didnt get rained on several times before you got it dry and baled

I'm not going to sell mine, I'm going to store it for next June, July and August.

Here in Central Texas we're less than 3 inches away from the all time wettest year in history (on record of course). I think we made up another 3/10ths last night.

We were at the 4th wettest November on record, today we made it to number 3. Yippee, mud fights anyone?

dun