Water Boarding ain't nothing.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
...compared to what I would do the malicious fool who created the Spyware 2009 vrus that got on my computer,

Been off the board lately due to a virus you all might want to watch out for. In spite of having Norton Protection on the computer a virus called Spyware 2009 infected my system. It pretends to be Windows and gives you a warning message stating that you may have some spyware on your system. It then scans your system and brings up a message (again - mimicking Microsoft) saying your system is infected. It then says your anti spyware is out of date and for $49.95 you can download an up to date protection. If you do this, they will max out your credit card. Thankfully, I didn't do this.

My computer guru is working on fixing my system. Hopefully he can save everything but he says its a bad virus and we may have to reformat the hard drive. I backed up everything I thought i needed but you know how that goes.

So, watch out for this. My compputer guru says it has infected about 1 out of every 1000 systems in our area and has really put some businesses in a bind.

BTW - if you know who did this let me know cause I'll take about a month or so off from work and teach this little cockroach the good points of water boarding.

We already had it. Wiped out some of our photos and data we had saved on the hard drive. We got Mcaffe and it came back again and the anti-virus got it. It showed, when we were infected, that we had like 6000 viruses on the computer. Everything we had showed as a virus. And there was no way to not install or to uninstall it. Once it's there it will infect everything.

I'm afraid that is what is going to happen to me to. He said he "might" be able to undo it but reading his manner I think this was unlikely.

Its scares me that someone can break through your protection and your firewalls and get into your system like this. I don't know what you can do to protect yourself from this type thing. I'm sure there are people working on solutions but if they don't get a handle on it I could really see it hurting a lot of industries that rely on the net.

Only good thing I see coming out of this is that I needed to clean up and reorganize my hard drive. Been putting it off. Now its going to be squeeky clean.

My puter #2 was almost completely useless after a virus, lost everything. Joe let me know when you go cockroach hunting. I got some ideas.
angry2.gif

Jogeephus":7d8dbx79 said:
I'm afraid that is what is going to happen to me to. He said he "might" be able to undo it but reading his manner I think this was unlikely.

Its scares me that someone can break through your protection and your firewalls and get into your system like this. I don't know what you can do to protect yourself from this type thing. I'm sure there are people working on solutions but if they don't get a handle on it I could really see it hurting a lot of industries that rely on the net.

Only good thing I see coming out of this is that I needed to clean up and reorganize my hard drive. Been putting it off. Now its going to be squeeky clean.

Had it once. Be careful what you click on on the internet. Had to have son reformat hard drive.

Yea I got it as well, danged scumbags, I finally just decided to replace my computor after my tech told me that it might be cheaper in the long run, course my unit was almost 8 yrs old!
Give me a holler and I will supply the rope and a cutting knife (after i have dulled it up real good) :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

Jo I guess you could catch the little cyber terrorist and send him down to Gitmo for waterboarding.........oops........sorry that place is getting shut down and the terrorist will either be set free or given an ACLU attorney while thay sit in your local state prison. I guess you are out of luck unless you you need something to feed ol' Alley.

HOSS":24lv6kjf said:
Jo I guess you could catch the little cyber terrorist and send him down to Gitmo for waterboarding.........oops........sorry that place is getting shut down and the terrorist will either be set free or given an ACLU attorney while thay sit in your local state prison. I guess you are out of luck unless you you need something to feed ol' Alley.

Danged terrorists.

Hackers need Hacking, but if they can get into the NASA data base I'm sure our little computers are a doddle for them, never open anything you don't know, if you haven't asked for a check on your virus situation leave things well alone, is the advice I have been given, by my computer guru. He told me if anything comes up just to shut down the computer and leave it for 30mins and then go back in, and hopefully the message should be gone.

HOSS":184uwwej said:

All I would like to see is the fella brought before the court so I could get a good look at him and find out his name. I'd then drop the charges and let him walk so justice could be served in a large heaping long drawn-out dose. Ally can have what's left of him. (Just kidding, I think I'd like to just sit down with him and counsel him.) :mrgreen:

Boy Joe I was begining to think you was a hateful cuss nice to see you change your ways.If you need I'd come make sure you behaved yourself(and hold him fer ya)

rusty":1q6x2mzm said:
Boy Joe I was begining to think you was a hateful cuss nice to see you change your ways.If you need I'd come make sure you behaved yourself(and hold him fer ya)

That was just the old me. The Pre-Opra Me. Thought to myself, I said "Self, what would Opra or Dr. Phil do?" Then I figured counselling was the answer. You know, address the inner child. Pull him out and blister his little hiney with a barber's strop.

Jogeephus":12e8ig6k said:
rusty":12e8ig6k said:

That was just the old me. The Pre-Opra Me. Thought to myself, I said "Self, what would Opra or Dr. Phil do?" Then I figured counselling was the answer. You know, address the inner child. Pull him out and blister his little hiney with a barber's strop.
Yes Jo we need to be touchy feely with him so you got to be nice and handle them gently

I know he would learn the error of his ways when we got done touching him :lol: :lol: :lol:

we got hit with the same thing last month luckily the wife had backed up all our stuff for yr end before we got hit and we had to send the puter in and they had to wipe it back to original status whew got lucky

Jogeephus":gxlyt62w said:
rusty":gxlyt62w said:

I heard that change was on the way. I guess this is it.

My inlaws had the same problem a couple months ago.

I tried several different programs trying to remove the virus. What ended up working for me was Malwarebytes antimalware program. It's a free download. Also try installing an antiroot kit program. It will find those little pesky virus programs that keep installing themselves after you have deleted them.

So the Norton didn't catch the problem?! I have been wondering if I wanted to renew my Norton or try something else. Not sure I have been happy or getting what I paid for.....

UncleD":1yqevlol said:
My inlaws had the same problem a couple months ago.

I tried several different programs trying to remove the virus. What ended up working for me was Malwarebytes antimalware program. It's a free download. Also try installing an antiroot kit program. It will find those little pesky virus programs that keep installing themselves after you have deleted them.

CKC1586":1yqevlol said:
So the Norton didn't catch the problem?! I have been wondering if I wanted to renew my Norton or try something else. Not sure I have been happy or getting what I paid for.....

It didn't catch it. I had just reupped my subscription too. When I thought I was infected I hit live update to refresh the settings and protection and it downloaded the updates but the virus through a bug into it and it reversed the download THEN it removed all of my Norton package. This is when I knew I was in over my head.

I've always had good luck with AVG antivirus. It's freeware, meaning you don't have to pay for anything. I also reccomend installing Spybot.

Now I will say this, and as soon as I do something will happen :p

Since I have been using AVG, Spybot, and Windows Defender (free antivirus from Microsoft) I have never had a virus issue. And I surf all over the net on 3 different computers.

I am no computer expert, so I'm not claiming to know anything special. But this has worked well for me :)

My son also installed

Adaware,

Spybot,

Windows defender

and advised me to update them and run them once a week along with the Norton Antivirus.

It has worked well thus far.

this virus is hiding in random images and certain off site emoticons ...... got it last month...... its a double barrel mother scratcher...dont see what folks get out of it

Latest posts