Water Belly

Help Support CattleToday:

BlackBaldyMan

Reaction score
Been a heckava week let me tell you, when it rains it rains hard :shock: So we had this calf twitching his tail and kickin' at his belly, new somthing was up. Ended up hauling him over to the vet school, the chunk of kidney stone or whatever was to big and he couldnt urinate. 5 days later we got him back, they re-routed his penis out of the back like a heifer (just like they do for cats). Now he cant quite figure it out why when he urinates its hitting his tail, also doesnt help having a shaved butt in ~20 degree weather I would imagine :cboy:

BlackBaldyMan":2yebameg said:
Been a heckava week let me tell you, when it rains it rains hard :shock: So we had this calf twitching his tail and kickin' at his belly, new somthing was up. Ended up hauling him over to the vet school, the chunk of kidney stone or whatever was to big and he couldnt urinate. 5 days later we got him back, they re-routed his penis out of the back like a heifer (just like they do for cats). Now he cant quite figure it out why when he urinates its hitting his tail, also doesnt help having a shaved butt in ~20 degree weather I would imagine :cboy:

They do this to gommer bulls. They are brought out the side.

Had one with bladder stone few yrs. back and had same precedure done. Watch closely that it does'nt scab over where he urinates now. If he starts to swell in belly area he may be retaining the urine.

BlackBaldyMan":3aiadtn3 said:

I had a steer that was about 800 lb.s last year and he had that happen. I ended up getting him slaughtered. The vet said it was not worth doing the operation.

I agree, if they would have charged us full price would have probably put it down, but we work with the vet school here on campus, they cut us really good deals, gets the 3/4yr vets experience....charged us $125 :cboy:

Latest posts