Watching topic??

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
If I open a thread and don't need/want to post an answer, but want to continue knowing what is being posted, how do I mark it to let me know when someone posts?
We could do that on the old board, but I don't see anything to "click" on this new version.

Good questoin for Macon. It will take a while for all of the insects to be removed from the new format, but unless Macon is made aware of them it's hard for him to do the required fumigating.

At the bottom of the page on the left, there are options to "Subscribe Topic" & "Bookmark Topic". I think "Subscribe Topic" sends you a notification when a reply is made. Not sure what "Bookmark Topic" does exactly but either of those may be what you're looking for?

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3bod0te7 said:
Yeah, wasn't complaining, just wasn't sure if I was missing "it".
Is that a GOAT? are you expanding your herd? and was the previous pic your family?

That's a new breed of cattle, a white baldy! Goat of some friends that we helped get started.
The previous was 3 of the 6 grandkids.

Poor Ol Macon is gonna want to go back to tother stuff just so he can have some peace and quiet!

Maybe he'll institute the $5.00 fine for whining rule instead

I'm not whining - I'm embracing this new version and trying to utilize all the fine attributes it offers :p
Seriously, I like to mark some topics that I don't necessarily have anything to contribute to. I don't just type in things to add numbers.

No - not to you or anyone else. Just know some people "accuse" others of that.
I think the whining is subsiding. People must be getting more familiar with this new "look"
I still find it hard looking at the avatar & info on the right, but it's getting better. This old brain doesn't take change very well.

To Subscribe to any topic, i.e. get an email when there is a new post just click on the "Subscribe topic" link at the end of the topic. To unscribe just click on the "Unsubscribe topic". You can also set your default in your User Control to automatically subscribe you to any topic you post to. The default is 'no'. You can also manage your topics subscribed to there.

Read the FAQ. It answers many questions and shows you some of the finer points.

What is the difference between bookmarking and subscribing?
Bookmarking in phpBB3 is much like bookmarking in your web browser. You aren't alerted when there's an update, but you can come back to the topic later. Subscribing, however, will notify you when there is an update to the topic or forum on the board via your preferred method or methods.

I haven't had time to try the Bookmarks feature yet so I'm not much help.

I'm still being notified by e-mail when I'm watching a topic just like before but everytime I click on to see it I have to login , I never had to do that before , it's a pain to do that everytime .

Latest posts