Watching someone you love die is hard.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
Lost a good friend yesterday and Gram is on her way to peace and comfort today. If you love someone you better tell them when you have the chance.

True Grit Farms":3q0i7u9b said:
Lost a good friend yesterday and Gram is on her way to peace and comfort today. If you love someone you better tell them when you have the chance.
Yessir...don't come cry over my grave. Come see me while I'm alive. With the exception of youngest daughter not one member of my family has been in my house for almost 2 1/2 years although we go see them pretty often.

After being gone for almost 40 years I moved back home late 2015 to be close to my parents. Dad died a few weeks ago. I thank God for the last year with him. He loved coming out to see what I was doing on "his" farm.

I've sent out too many sympathy cards and letters in the last month. Hope you guys get a sweet time of fellowship before she leaves this world.

P.S. I hope you packed your long undies. Gonna get down to single digits tonight. :D

True Grit Farms":2o6b586a said:

Yes sir lost my running buddy on 1/23 I have been a funk every since. Went to see him everyday in hospice and always told him I loved him we were closer than with our own brothers.
I am sorry for what you have to go through may the lord bring y'all peace and comfort

Caustic Burno":5ygiao9m said:
True Grit Farms":5ygiao9m said:

Yes sir lost my running buddy on 1/23 I have been a funk every since. Went to see him everyday in hospice and always told him I loved him we were closer than with our own brothers.
I am sorry for what you have to go through may the lord bring y'all peace and comfort

Thanks CB, I made this post for those who prolong and put things on the back burner. We almost didn't drive 20 hours through some ruff weather to say goodbye. It's impossible to put into words how much it means for my wife and Granny.

I watched my dad die of cancer .. actually watched him starve to death . He didn't eat or drink for 13 days before he finally passed. He suffered for 6 months with his left arm weighing 40 lbs because his lymph nodes where blocked and the fluid was backed up. He would beg me every day to just cut his arm off and take the cancer off his body .. I would tell him I can't do that and he would say you can fix anything Ive seen you do it .. very tough . I would work my 12 hours and spend 3 with him every day until he passed .. I actually graduated from college on his birthday in 2014 .. he was so proud to be there.. March will be 3 years and it seems like yesterday ..

I lost my Dad forty-five years ago and To this day I still remember and think of him, and thankful for the time I spent with him, sorry for your loss.

kerley":28teexqr said:
I lost my Dad forty-five years ago and To this day I still remember and think of him, and thankful for the time I spent with him, sorry for your loss.
Om;y been 40 since mine died. To this day I will see something and think, "Dam, dad would have loved that". After 6 months in intensive care (heart disease) I was happy to see him finally die. Left a lasting imression. That is why I have a do not resus order in my advance directive.

Sorry for your loss, TG (and others who have lost loved ones). A good reminder to hold your loved ones close...we are not promised tomorrow. Safe travels

I lost a good friend last year, started with a stroke and then diagnosed with cancer.. one of the most generous and down to earth men I've known, would always have time for a coffee, and if you commented on how something was nice or neat, he'd give it to you.. As soon as I noticed the pattern I stopped commenting, because I didn't have anything to reciprocate with. I think I'm a better man for having met him, and with any luck I can pass that on to someone else

greybeard":3l1e7wd8 said:
Not anything I can add. Yes, it's tough.

Same here, sorry for your loss!

Working in a hospital makes it seem like I'm around death every day, but it still doesn't get any easier, especially when its a family member or close friend! :frowns:

My older brother would just have recently turned 38 on the 5th. Can't belief it's been almost 23 years since his passing and yes it still seems like it was yesterday. So Yeah if you love somebody let them know it, things happen in a hurry.

True Grit Farms":1hhqajwt said:
Caustic Burno":1hhqajwt said:
True Grit Farms":1hhqajwt said:

Thanks CB, I made this post for those who prolong and put things on the back burner. We almost didn't drive 20 hours through some ruff weather to say goodbye. It's impossible to put into words how much it means for my wife and Granny.
The 2nd part of your post has a message too-Making the choice to say goodbye isn't usually convenient,or easy. Now that you drove the 20 + hours, you have no regrets. Sorry for your loss of your friend, and for the loss of your Grandmother.

It's been a rough few months here. My wife's grandmother died before Christmas and my grandfather passed last week. Last night I did cpr on a neighbor for 45 minutes until there was nothing more the medics could do for him. I'm ready for spring and a change

Latest posts