Watch out Colorado

Help Support CattleToday:

melking":1l7w43id said:
An ounce of pot is a bunch, probably about a sandwich bag full....( or so I have heard)
Well I know it was in the 70's. But each resident is only allowed 1 oz a day. Who can smoke a sandwich bag full in a day? :shock:

So is it safe to assume the trillion dollars we spent on the "War on Drugs" and all the private rights we gave up helping to fight the "War on Drugs" was all for nothing?

3waycross":nnnyvwe1 said:
dun":nnnyvwe1 said:
If you're going to CO leave your guns at home but bring your bong/hookah

Finally someone who understands. Now that we can all be stoned most of the time it will make it easier for us to ignore the fact that the new gun laws don't stop a dam thing.

All the new laws and that idiot from the debate team bought a "legal" shotgun and went to school and killed a beautiful young lady a couple of weeks ago.

yep that's us, making progress(or is it spelled progressive) every day. I expect the re-education camps to be fully operational by the 4th of july :frowns:

They have been open over thirty years, and are called public schools...

Jogeephus":1mlg74fm said:
So is it safe to assume the trillion dollars we spent on the "War on Drugs" and all the private rights we gave up helping to fight the "War on Drugs" was all for nothing?
Far from nothing. The war on drugs has made many rich. Drove up prices on contraband, made crooks rich. Created giant bureaucracies, made bureaucrats rich.

Now, as far as stopping drug use, right, did nothing to stop drug use.

HDRider":744eoquo said:
Jogeephus":744eoquo said:
Far from nothing. The war on drugs has made many rich. Drove up prices on contraband, made crooks rich. Created giant bureaucracies, made bureaucrats rich. Now, as far as stopping drug use, right, did nothing to stop drug use.

This is a really tough one in a self indulgent society. I think that control is doable - - but stopping is not. It seems like the countries that have had the most success with controlling drug use decriminalize and tax some behaviors, and they deal out a stiff death penalty type reward for other behaviors. This helps most citizens make good choices, and culls the risk seekers.

I agree. Have thought that all along. Let them kill themselves as quickly as possible. Our arrest and hand slapping policy has done more harm than good.

Isn't marijuana illegal on a federal level too? If so, how can a state undermine a federal law? I know a state can have a stricter law than the federal law but I didn't think it could work the other way round.

Jogeephus":f7zsyk66 said:
I agree. Have thought that all along. Let them kill themselves as quickly as possible. Our arrest and hand slapping policy has done more harm than good.

Isn't marijuana illegal on a federal level too? If so, how can a state undermine a federal law? I know a state can have a stricter law than the federal law but I didn't think it could work the other way round.

My understanding is that the current resident of the White House is basically turning a blind eye to it. After all it is a very "progressive" state law. Like I said in my earlier post. The feds consider ole Mary Jane to be the pharmaceutical equivalant of Morphine, or Heroin.

We are apparently in the eye of a "social experiment".

BTW i heard on the news that a 2yr old was hospitalized yesterday for a cannibas overdose as a result of eating a weed laced cookie. To be fair he got the cookie before the law went into effect. Not that it matters.

3Way, would you mind checking with the post office and finding out what their policy will be? If its favorable then I know some people who would love to have you as their Santa next year.

I'll bet they have dope sniffer dogs all over the airports now.

Off topic kind of, but I had someone very close to me die at 42 years old from cirrhosis of the liver, he drank vodka till it killed him, but it had already ruined his life years before that.
Another family member started on the same path, but was shot and killed before the alcohol did, but it was alcohol related and he had already lost his wife and two kids
We have all seen the what alcohol can do if abused.

Is marijuana any worse ?
I know they're are lots of people that never used it because it was illegal, but once legalized it will become recreational same as alcohol.
How much damage will it do ?
Will it be as bad or worse than alcohol ?

IMO alcohol is and will continue to be worse than marijuana, but I'm against both
The problem is people
#1 is Greed followed by low morals, lack of integrity and no standards to live up to.

I could care less what other people do or how they live as long as I don't have to clean up after them or be responsible for their stupidity. The problem I have is it isn't going to work this way and I'll be forced to give my hard earned money to them so they can have a house to smoke their dope in, so they can buy food to cure their munchies and a phone to call their dealer.

kenny thomas":1rcx04wf said:
melking":1rcx04wf said:
An ounce of pot is a bunch, probably about a sandwich bag full....( or so I have heard)
Well I know it was in the 70's. But each resident is only allowed 1 oz a day. Who can smoke a sandwich bag full in a day? :shock:

Sounds like a trip to Denver is in order. Walk around, I imagine you'll meet several of them. :lol2:

Latest posts