P7220128.jpg

Finchphotos094.jpg

MurrayGreys021.jpg

And a heifer

P1280011.jpg

CattleScrapbook064.jpg

Cattle210.jpg

Cattle008.jpg

That first bull has an amazing transfer, especially when you compare the first picture or even the second picture to his last senior picture. And the heifer is very much the ugly ducking isn't she. Beautiful cow though.

Actually that's funny. The second bull showed more promise initially but then the first bull ended up having that dynamic change compared to him who took a pretty predicted path.

Barnscoop it is nice to see a paddock of uniform coloured Murray Grey breeders in the front paddock. I feel the same when I see a paddock of grey Brahmans or a herd of South Devons. Doesn't really matter what breed, all have their good points. One thing I will say the Murray Grey breed has stood the test of time. Won stacks of carcass comps over here. Lots of breeds have come and gone in one way or other but this breed has hung in there. I still don't think they are as good elsewhere as they are in the Murray Valley where they were bred. Must be in my head. The breed I feel crosses best with them is Brahman. Thats my two cents worth.

That's amazing and to see how they both get deeper and thicker as they mature and just keep getting better.

You can park them in my pasture any day Keren . ;-)

thanks everyone :D hills these arent leaving our pasture ;-) well actually the second bull did, idiot jumped a barbed wire fence and cut his penis in half :roll:

aussie_cowgirl funny you comment on the two bulls. Although they are very different types, the second one definitely showed more promise when they were young, which is why I'm not often on the halter of the other guy :p But the first bull grew out better, partly because of the type difference, partly because we pulled the second guy off the show circuit at 15 mths and put him with the cows ... the first guy continued on until over 2 yrs old on the circuit.

The bottom line is, both of them have sired calves for us, and both have sired very very good show winning calves. The second bull actually sired that Rosita heifer we were talking about yesterday (and she is on the females thread). The first bull has sired less calves (because he was on the show circuit, so the small number of cows were handmated to him) but still really top calves, show winners, the last heifer pictured on the females thread is by him.

The heifer here shares the same sire as the first bull, and her calf here is sired by the second bull

Clear as mud? lol

Austrailian,

You are right it is nice to see. I can appreciate quality in almost all breeds. I have to admit some breeds of cattle are just plain ugly to me. I am partial to Murray Grays and Shorthorns. Brahman are a beautiful cattle but they don't sell well in my area.

I had an F1 greyman once. he was nice. But I think the best cross with mg is a charolais. Chargreys make fantastic baby beef and their carcass qualities are amazing. Its the one cross we've had consistent success with in hoof hook competitions.

Latest posts