wat do ya think of my heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Pearl.. DARLING heifer.. and you've got a great start on her already!

You can't go wrong with a Trademark.. and JS Burning Up isn't half bad either! :) We won reserve division at Houston a few weeks ago with a JS bred cow.

Good luck!

This one is very good, kind of what I got when I crossed blonde daquitaine with swedish red.
Only one thing wrong; so far this cross accidentally gave me only two heifers and eight bulls.

Hard to say what a 3 month old calf will look like when she one & two years old. I will give you my opinion, then as cattle do have a tendency to change as they grow up.

"Three days, three months, three years" - to determine how an animal will mature, with 3 years being the 'final' product

I've found sticking to this old adage is pretty reliable, not to say always, but it definitely works with the horses and I've watched the cattle carefully with it too.

Keren":2o88c7n8 said:
kinda funny carla, the gestation period of a pig is three months, three weeks, three days and when I first glanced at your post I thought huh? why are you writing something about pigs

lol I need some sleep
Your not the only one that thought that.

I know that we are straying from the subject, but I just thought id tell you guys that my father used to make a line in his fingernail when mating a sow; and when the line grew out, it was time!

UPDATE! Ummmmm.... I just wanted to let you guys know that Cotton Candy (the calf) and Miley (the dam) won Supreme Heifer at a show and also Supreme at a Jackpot show later that day. Here's an updated picture for you:

Miley_Morehead_Preview_09.jpg

Jeanne - Simme Valley":n1hae90j said:
Yahoo!!!! :clap: Congratulations!! So, in our neck of the woods, Supreme means OVER ALL OTHER BREEDS. Is that what you did?? That is absolutely super!!

Yes she won surpreme of all breed's!!! :D :D

Very nice job! The dam looks like a good cow, and the calf is sure growing nicely.