wasted money for rescues

Help Support CattleToday:

I did not read 10 pages of texts before this so it's off the cuff and not meant to be cold.

Sorry if this has been said before, I've been gone for a few days. 90 to 95 % of rescue cost is volunteer or non profit. Very little cost to tax payers, this is a big issue and story every time some knuckle head has to be pulled off a mountain or out of the surf. All three of these guy where out of state and over their heads, which the press aren't saying. The press says they were experienced. but they climbed the wrong side and the wrong time of year. Two probalby fell into a 2500 ft hole. They did alot right except rent an $5 locator box that would have them saved in a day.

Sad but not much cost to tax payers

I haven't read this whole thread, and not intend to- but what I would like to comment on is people saying mountain climbing is crazy.

Well so is raising cattle. Do you know how many stories I have heard about people being attacked by their own cattle? Espically their bulls.

Another one would have to be Bull Riding. Most people would call that crazy right? I'm just saying that there are different strokes for different folks, and just because some people want to climb a mountain does not make them or the idea ignorant. I heard a Press Conference of the the Mt Hood incident and the searchers, who are mostly volunteers, WANTED to be there.

dun, about the whole money issue. I would rather waste 5 billion dollars and save a human life than to spend 5 million dollars on something else and have that man die without any help for him.

dun":280xeo9g said:
aplusmnt":280xeo9g said:
NASCAR has very loyal fans that come there for one purpose and one purpose only. To watch Tony Stewart Win ;-)

I thought it was to see Gord-hole lose

dun

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are probably correct on this one. Everyone has their driver they are rooting for, but they all share one common interest rooting for him to loose. :lol:

I get annoyed when so much money and the lives of rescuers are put at risk trying to search for ill prepared bushwalkers. Just before Christmas a 17 year old boy was found deceased after 8 days of searching. He was very well prepared but apparently slipped and fell between rocks.Now this young man didn't deserve to die,he'd did everything right and a shear accident ended his life.
Colin

Latest posts