Wasn't someone on here from the south, looking for some Herefords?

Help Support CattleToday:

The Herefords that Aaron on here was breeding were no slouches either. They make good stock for crosses but straight blood here they get tanked.

Here is an upcoming Hereford sale with some promising bulls. I have commercial Angus and have been breeding to unpolled Hereford bulls and quite please with my baldies. I am interested in the Black Herefords because math gives me a few red calves. Still, the BH bulls I see coming up for auction are too far away for me to see in person and transportation costs will eliminate potential savings in purchase price.

Here is an upcoming Hereford sale with some promising bulls. I have commercial Angus and have been breeding to unpolled Hereford bulls and quite please with my baldies. I am interested in the Black Herefords because math gives me a few red calves. Still, the BH bulls I see coming up for auction are too far away for me to see in person and transportation costs will eliminate potential savings in purchase price.

Good looking bulls in that sale.

All Line One breeding. Three big names in the L1 world, Cooper, Holden, Debter. Had the chance to buy some Debter cows a few years back when I bought my other Line Ones, but didn't have room.

I am going to check out those 30 true F1 heifers. This is what my client has been looking for, but the down side is they are bred to a Hereford bull, and a horned one at that. Due to start calving in December. I'd rather have them open, but may get them if they don't bring too much. Horned Hereford steers or heifer calves with ear won't bring much. They start calving in December for 90 days, and we'd want to put the bulls in with them in January. Some might not calve til March, though. They are also selling 12 true F1s that are open, but they are only 8 mos old.

This Saturday, headed over near Gadsen to the Horned Hereford sale to check out the F1 Brafords they have in the commercial cow sale. Next week, up to Tenn for the Black Hereford sale, then Nov 7th is the polled Hereford sale on the Ga- Ala line, that has some F1 cows and heifers in it. My client wanted 150 Braford and/or F1 Br x Hereford cows, but man, I don't think I can find them by the time the row crops are done next month. We are shooting for 30 right now, and 30 Hereford and Black Herefords, and 30 Brahmas...60 short of what he wants to run, but we are going to get 90 or so Corrientes as well. We have 84 left in the "kudzu" herd, but good thing is they will all have Ultrablack calves in February. The F1s in these sales are all bred to a damned Hereford...some to a damned horned Hereford, so we will have to get rid of some worthless calves, losing a year before we can get back on track. The only open F1 Bra x Herefords are only 8 mos old. The Brahma cows I have located, though are bred to Hereford and Angus bulls, at least. The more I think about it, and the more I look for them, the more convinced I am that someone could do well producing F1 Br X Hereford heifers.

This Saturday, headed over near Gadsen to the Horned Hereford sale to check out the F1 Brafords they have in the commercial cow sale. Next week, up to Tenn for the Black Hereford sale, then Nov 7th is the polled Hereford sale on the Ga- Ala line, that has some F1 cows and heifers in it. My client wanted 150 Braford and/or F1 Br x Hereford cows, but man, I don't think I can find them by the time the row crops are done next month. We are shooting for 30 right now, and 30 Hereford and Black Herefords, and 30 Brahmas...60 short of what he wants to run, but we are going to get 90 or so Corrientes as well. We have 84 left in the "kudzu" herd, but good thing is they will all have Ultrablack calves in February. The F1s in these sales are all bred to a damned Hereford...some to a damned horned Hereford, so we will have to get rid of some worthless calves, losing a year before we can get back on track. The only open F1 Bra x Herefords are only 8 mos old. The Brahma cows I have located, though are bred to Hereford and Angus bulls, at least. The more I think about it, and the more I look for them, the more convinced I am that someone could do well producing F1 Br X Hereford heifers.
Are you coming to the Black Hereford sale in Blountville TN?

Are you coming to the Black Hereford sale in Blountville TN?
Planning on it, Kenny. There are a couple of bulls, and 2 or 3 cows or heifers that might work for us that are homozygous polled and homozygous black. The man with the Brahmas for sale said they are on World Feeder and Fescue pasture. He is supposed to make pics and videos this weekend, so I will send them to you, too.

All Line One breeding. Three big names in the L1 world, Cooper, Holden, Debter. Had the chance to buy some Debter cows a few years back when I bought my other Line Ones, but didn't have room.
Buying two Debters on Saturday. Had seriously considered Black Herefords, but decided to stick with what has worked. I will keep an eye on the development of the Black Herefords, though.

Planning on it, Kenny. There are a couple of bulls, and 2 or 3 cows or heifers that might work for us that are homozygous polled and homozygous black. The man with the Brahmas for sale said they are on World Feeder and Fescue pasture. He is supposed to make pics and videos this weekend, so I will send them to you, too.
Part of those are coming from a dummy here. Lol. Hope they are ok.

Latest posts