Washing Clothes

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
OK :eek: Got home early, got rained out :roll: hasn't happened often the last couple years. SO I take off the wet clothes and other dirty stuff I have laying around, stuff it all in the washer. All is cool right? Turn the puter on and I hear water running, like everywhere. Running out of the laundry room onto the kitchen floor. And under my feet. F-ck in $hit know what I got to do tomorrow. :help:

What happened? When I lived in student housing the washer would go to spin and it wouldn't be able to get enough juice to do so and the water would just wash over the side of the tub and onto the floor. It got to where if I was doing laundry, I would watch tv and it there was a little line that appeared at the bottom of the screen, I would run and turn off the washing machine because I knew when I saw that little line, it was going to overflow. We had really bad wiring in that house. I could cause a brown out by ironing.

I have had the dishwasher flood, too.

I hope it isn't too much to take care of. I hope your boss lady doesn't get too mad.

We have a plugged up drain pipe, not sure why? :? So, the waste water drained on the floor. :shock:
Well, :oops: I did the plumbing so I will fix it. Oh, no worry about the BL. I bet I get a hug and kiss :cry2: and some major sympathy out of this :cowboy:

mnmtranching":1hp4fh20 said:
Oh, no worry about the BL. I bet I get a hug and kiss :cry2: and some major sympathy out of this :cowboy:
:shock: I am beginning to think you stuffed a sock in the drain pipe
"Oh Sweet Pea! I have had such an awful day!" :cry2:
"Really sugar bear? Let me give you a hug and a kiss and....." :cowboy:

Ugh! Men try lots of tricks I'm thinking mnmt ~ but this is a new one for sure.....

LOL.... Angie you think so little of men don't you.

Back about 6 or 7 years ago when I was living at home with my parents (I was in high school) we woke up one Sunday morning on a mother's day of all days, to my dad cursing because he had walked into the kitchen and slipped and fell in what amounted to about 2 inches of water. The line to the ice maker had popped off in the middle of the night and water filled the kitchen, soaked into the carpet in the living room, had run out the breakfast nook and was soaking through the brick wall and running off the back porch. That was a really really bad day. Had to do a lot of mopping and put in air dryers to suck the water out of the walls and carpet. Had to pull the carpet up and dry it out and replace the cushion pad. Just a big mess...... ever since then we have used ice trays and just dumped them by hand.

Angus In Texas":315y0v8s said:
:shock: Gosh, no! That is not the case at all.
My comment was simply a reflection of my admiration of mnmts creative thought process, problem solving abilities.

I think men are interesting ~ like monkies and dolphins :nod: . Just when you think they are incapable of advanced thought ~ they throw you off with something like this! :clap:

(Just teasing ~ mnmt knows that). ;-)

angie":bbjs4qik said:
Angus In Texas":bbjs4qik said:
:shock: Gosh, no! That is not the case at all.
My comment was simply a reflection of my admiration of mnmts creative thought process, problem solving abilities.

I think men are interesting ~ like monkies and dolphins :nod: . Just when you think they are incapable of advanced thought ~ they throw you off with something like this! :clap:

So funny :p

BL does most of the clothes washing. She is just better at it. :nod: Some things I'm better at like hauling in the firewood. :shock: I'm glad it was me that the overflow happened to. :cowboy: I had a 5 gal bucket in the truck, caught part of the wash water, then caught all the rinse water. :tiphat:
First thing, going to the Fleet store, getting the most powerful chemical available. I figure the sock got stuck in the trap. :devil2: Do they have something strong enough to dissolve socks?

Hows that for some advanced thought. :dunce:

angie":3qw1tayg said:
mnmtranching":3qw1tayg said:
Do they have something strong enough to dissolve socks?
MM's margarita mix.

Better then straight tequila? Do you know the other ingredients, I'm gonna need something powerful. :help:

mnmtranching":k4sjetxk said:
angie":k4sjetxk said:
mnmtranching":k4sjetxk said:
Do they have something strong enough to dissolve socks?
MM's margarita mix.
Better then straight tequila? Do you know the other ingredients, I'm gonna need something powerful. :help:
I do know ~ but if I told you I'd have to "off" you! :shock:
Then who'd buy my supper? :lol2:

What about a sewer snake? (In my house aka a clothes hanger when in its original form).

The thing about using tequila, just need a lemon and salt. A shot for me and a shot for the drain, see which can handle the most.

I just stepped outside, :shock: Wonder if BL got her paycheck :cowboy: I'm warming up the bus?

How about you Angie? got your paycheck? :welcome: Bus only gets 3-4 mpg. :cry2: I'm gonna need lotabeer. :nod:

mnmtranching":1uywbwhh said:
The thing about using tequila, just need a lemon and salt. A shot for me and a shot for the drain, see which can handle the most.
After awile you will quit caring. When BL gets home and finds you spilled on the floor, she may not be so sympathetic amigo!
I just stepped outside, :shock: Wonder if BL got her paycheck :cowboy: I'm warming up the bus?
Yes, is cold and grey out today. Good sleeping weather.
How about you Angie? got your paycheck? :welcome: Bus only gets 3-4 mpg. :cry2: I'm gonna need lotabeer. :nod:
Got paid just yesterday! After bills, I have enough gas money to get us to the next town south, where I will buy you a 6 pk of whatever's on sale :cry2:

angie":1nr2ylqz said:
mnmtranching":1nr2ylqz said:
After awile you will quit caring. When BL gets home and finds you spilled on the floor, she may not be so sympathetic amigo!
Yes, is cold and grey out today. Good sleeping weather.
Got paid just yesterday! After bills, I have enough gas money to get us to the next town south, where I will buy you a 6 pk of whatever's on sale :cry2:

It's funny, how we can buy cheap beer and it works. :nod: Why isn't there cheap gas.

Sounds like a bad day mnmt. Our pipes got a small blockage, don't know what yet, plumber is coming to snake the line. Could be anything from Leggos, darn kids :mad: , to a possible sock or small bottle, darn kids again :mad: .

Worse one we had was a couple years ago the water line coming into the house cracked. We didn't know it. Son went into the basement and came running upstairs yelling that there was a bunch of water in the basement. Went and looked and thank goodness when they did the basement they had a drain down there just in case.
Friend came out with his backhoe and dug out the line for around 15 feet before we found it. Hubby was hoping mad. He was going to dig it up with a shovel. :? :roll:
Took about a week to dry it all up.

I had just gotten to work wednesday morning and was checking messages on this board when the phone rang and it was the wife. she was home on her day off thank goodness.

we have a closed in back poorch and the washer and dryer and hot water heater are out there.

She said it was flooding.

I told her how to cut the pump and how water heater off and said I would be there directly.

Pin hole leak in a copper pipe just above a complicated joint. I cut it all out and the old pipe was so soft that a tubing cutter would crush it. Had to hack saw it gently.

then off to the hardware and they didn't have what I needed so further down the road to Lowes.
I found some new plastic push together repair connections and the repairs were simple. I could not believe they did not leak a drop.

One place where I had to thread together a connection to a valve did drip but I hope I got that fixed last night.

someone asked me why I don't replace all the old plumbing. I said "I am.....about two feet at a time." At least this one wasn't under the house where i have to work on my belly.

angie":39jbtlhb said:

LMAO Angie,,,,,,,,,

Hey at least it wasn't the toilet. :roll:
Mnmt did you get everything all cleaned up?

HD, I got things cleaned up pretty well. Poured in a bottle of Drano, helped but the drain is still slow, the problem is in the kitchen sink and dishwasher too. So the problem is farther down the line. :help: Toilets work fine, so far.