Was this self defense?

Help Support CattleToday:

I watched some of the trial and when the prosecutor ask one of the 3 men if they chased Aubry in the pick up he said yes. Then she ask if they hit Aubry twice with the pick up he said yes. When ask why he pulled the gun he stated that he had used this tactic in the past and the person always stopped. When ask why they were chasing him he answered because we thought he was stealing and when we ask him to stop he ran.

If 2 men in a pickup 1 standing in the back with a gun ask you to stop what would you do? If you ran and they chased and hit you with the truck twice what would you do? If they told you stop or I'll kill you what would you do? At what point in this whole scenario did Aubry not have the right to try and defend himself. Who in the hell goes after someone they think is a crook, chases them down with a gun, kills them, and then plays the victim?

I'm 90% sure Aubry was up to no good but this isn't the year 1870 were you can chase people down and kill them because you think they did something. If your tough enough to chase an unarmed man down at least be man enough to fight him fair and square or face the consequences.

I would have a hard time letting a "citizen" arrest me.

Last summer one of the guys at work came in with a little story I thought was odd. He said a neighbor lady called and said a black kid knocked on her door and she thought he was up to no good and they should be on the lookout and that she had called the cops. Well I guess word spread pretty quick between the 10 or so houses on the street and the men got guns and side by sides to track this guy down. The cops showed up and could only tell the little possee to be careful. The door knocker was never found and we still don't know if he was selling bibles or trying to kill someone.

I watched some of the trial and when the prosecutor ask one of the 3 men if they chased Aubry in the pick up he said yes. Then she ask if they hit Aubry twice with the pick up he said yes. When ask why he pulled the gun he stated that he had used this tactic in the past and the person always stopped. When ask why they were chasing him he answered because we thought he was stealing and when we ask him to stop he ran.

If 2 men in a pickup 1 standing in the back with a gun ask you to stop what would you do? If you ran and they chased and hit you with the truck twice what would you do? If they told you stop or I'll kill you what would you do? At what point in this whole scenario did Aubry not have the right to try and defend himself. Who in the hell goes after someone they think is a crook, chases them down with a gun, kills them, and then plays the victim?

I'm 90% sure Aubry was up to no good but this isn't the year 1870 were you can chase people down and kill them because you think they did something. If your tough enough to chase an unarmed man down at least be man enough to fight him fair and square or face the consequences.
They told him the police were on the way. All the boy had to do, was just stop shut up and wait for the police to get there. He didn;t want to let the police handle it, because of things that the mainstream media didn't report on. Things the prosecutor got the judge to not allow the defense to mention in court.

They told him the police were on the way. All the boy had to do, was just stop shut up and wait for the police to get there. He didn;t want to let the police handle it, because of things that the mainstream media didn't report on. Things the prosecutor got the judge to not allow the defense to mention in court.
Yea you're right. I guess if tomorrow a couple black fellas in a donk pull a gun on you and tell you to stop and sit down they've called the cops on you you'd do it without question.

I wasn't there so only have the video and what the man said he did to go by. If you have some inside info we'd all love to hear it. I'll tell you this, if someone tells me stop and pulls a gun on me they might get shot.

About 10yrs ago we moved my FIL down here to stay with us. He was 69 at the time and liked to walk several miles a day. Day 3 I got a mssg from one of the do gooders up the road asking if I'd seen the shady old guy walking in the morning and if so had I found out who he was blah blah blah. Some people need to just mind their own damn business.

Welp gotta go a car just drove by….they might need arrested or detained.

Why do you think that?
I'm not really sure. I just got the feeling that he was monkeying around were he shouldn't have been. He did have as much right to be on that street as the shooter though. If I remember correctly the home owners did state that nothing was stolen and Aubry wasn't on camera taking or entering the houses so I could be wrong. I was so dumbfounded by the younger mans answers to all the questions I couldn't hardly believe what I was watching. Who would think they could pull a gun on someone for no reason and then think it was self defense when the guy attacks you? "Thinking" someone is doing something wrong on public property is not a reason.

Yea you're right. I guess if tomorrow a couple black fellas in a donk pull a gun on you and tell you to stop and sit down they've called the cops on you you'd do it without question.

I wasn't there so only have the video and what the man said he did to go by. If you have some inside info we'd all love to hear it. I'll tell you this, if someone tells me stop and pulls a gun on me they might get shot.

About 10yrs ago we moved my FIL down here to stay with us. He was 69 at the time and liked to walk several miles a day. Day 3 I got a mssg from one of the do gooders up the road asking if I'd seen the shady old guy walking in the morning and if so had I found out who he was blah blah blah. Some people need to just mind their own damn business.

Welp gotta go a car just drove by….they might need arrested or detained.
Somewhat of a tangent, but I read this article the other day and thought it was interesting. Media consumption is making people paranoid about crime.

Again, you've made it abundantly clear what your motivations are.

Lynch mobs ought to be a thing of the past.

I was so dumbfounded by the younger mans answers to all the questions
Who would think they could pull a gun on someone for no reason and then think it was self defense
Environment, look to the dumb-axx ex-cop father who raised him and directed him from the very beginning. The 'kid' never saw Aubrey, the old man told him to get the gun and come. Although fat-axx genetics probably played a role too.

Unfortunately watching that video reminded me of being pre-teen and I would run sparrows 1/2 to death inside the dairy barn. Keeping them in flight and not letting them stop to rest until I could walk up and grab them to feed them to the cat.

Aubrey was like the sparrow, so run out and energy depleted, he could no longer get away from his pursuer. The fat-axx kid was so unaware (or dumb, lazy and scared) he never realized he didn't need the gun. He could've just bear hugged Aubrey and fed him to the cat.

Last edited:
Do any of you really think the mother will be charged with anything? She didn't touch the gun to begin with, second if she is a judge she definitely knows what to do and say. A DA will have to decide if any charges will be filed.. I predict nothing will happen period.
No, the mother is off scotch free. Her only faults were her total stupidity, meanness towards her ex and lack of assistance to calm the men....nothing arrest-able there. Women's words bite into men...they do a lot of hidden damage...and then walk Scotch free. I like to think The Divine will show and tell all...God Speed to her.

No, the mother is off scotch free.
As an FYI...
That old saying doesn't have anything to do with Scottish people or whiskey. Not related to Dred Scott either.
The phrase is properly spelled 'scot free' pronounced and spelled like that, with only one 't'.

It comes from an old Scandinavian term for tax or payment. 'scat'. It make it's way to Britain and they butchered it into 'sceat' in the 1500s and then into 'scot'.

As an FYI...
That old saying doesn't have anything to do with Scottish people or whiskey. Not related to Dred Scott either.
The phrase is properly spelled 'scot free' pronounced and spelled like that, with only one 't'.

It comes from an old Scandinavian term for tax or payment. 'scat'. It make it's way to Britain and they butchered it into 'sceat' in the 1500s and then into 'scot'.
Thanks for clearing that up.

As an FYI...

Thank you ...i learned something new "scot free"...been spelling it wrong all these years. My heritage is Norwegian Scandinavian...dad had it wrong too.

Latest posts