Was this self defense?

Help Support CattleToday:

I haven't been able to watch the full video, because I don't have or want a YouTube account.

My comments have been based on the short version video available and my personal experience.
I don't have a you tube account either but found both videos through a link to twitter. They are both graphic and give a better indication of what happened. Oh yea…I don't have a Twitter account either

And that is what is wrong in this country today. All part of the pussification of the American male. There was a scene on Yellowstone Sunday. The tribal chief said it best " Society is teaching the sheep( people) to no longer fight the wolves that come to kill them. To instead, cry out for the shephard ( police) to come save them from the wolves." This Texas man was not arrested nor will be be. The dead guy was white, so no fake news media news will cover it. This same week in south Georgia, THREE men were tried for murder, when a boy was shot after charging a man with a gun, forcing the man to shoot him. The difference is, the thug was black and the guy that had to defend himself was white. Damndest railroad job I have ever scene. They charged the man who defended himself with FIVE counts of murder! 1 malice murder (ever hear of a benevolent murder?) and 4 counts of felony murder ( is there a misdemeanor murder?!) . How the hell do you murder someone FIVE TIMES?!!! This was appealed of course, and will be overturned in appellate court.

Police can NOT protect you!! Ever!! Well, maybe if you are in the middle of a police station and someone attacks you, but that is bullshit, this liberal narrative to " call the police to protect you".
Are you tslking about the Aubry trial in Georgia?

You can not shoot someone for trespassing in Texas.
Even after the property owner told him to leave still can't legally. Now when the firearm comes in play all the rules change if he tried to grab the firearm while trespassing.
He should have retreated when told to vacate.
At this time it's a matter for the courts to settle through supervised visits.

Even that can get you killed in child custody.

And that is what is wrong in this country today. All part of the pussification of the American male. There was a scene on Yellowstone Sunday. The tribal chief said it best " Society is teaching the sheep( people) to no longer fight the wolves that come to kill them. To instead, cry out for the shephard ( police) to come save them from the wolves." This Texas man was not arrested nor will be be. The dead guy was white, so no fake news media news will cover it. This same week in south Georgia, THREE men were tried for murder, when a boy was shot after charging a man with a gun, forcing the man to shoot him. The difference is, the thug was black and the guy that had to defend himself was white. Damndest railroad job I have ever scene. They charged the man who defended himself with FIVE counts of murder! 1 malice murder (ever hear of a benevolent murder?) and 4 counts of felony murder ( is there a misdemeanor murder?!) . How the hell do you murder someone FIVE TIMES?!!! This was appealed of course, and will be overturned in appellate court.

Police can NOT protect you!! Ever!! Well, maybe if you are in the middle of a police station and someone attacks you, but that is bullshit, this liberal narrative to " call the police to protect you".
Some people watch too much television. The idea that people should arm themselves to enforce justice for minor infractions is ludicrous. John Wayne was a fictional character, not a role model.

The man who "defended himself" in the Arbery case chased down an innocent man, illegally detained him and assaulted him. That's not self defense in any case. "Felony murder" charges are brought in Georgia when a person is killed in the commission of a felony. Commit multiple felonies, get multiple counts of felony murder. If you think it's a railroad job, I assume you are equally outraged when it's applied that way to every other murder case in Georgia.

Buck,
I haven't had piped in television since 1996. I do have a TV box hooked up to a VCR/DVD player, and watch the old stuff.
We are watching MASH now.

How does watching television effect one or the other of the parties involved in this tragedy, more or less than the other?

Buck,
I haven't had piped in television since 1996. I do have a TV box hooked up to a VCR/DVD player, and watch the old stuff.
We are watching MASH now.

How does watching television effect one or the other of the parties involved in this tragedy, more or less than the other?
I was referring to Warren and his mentality that people ought to shoot trespassers in 2021.

No. Re-read my post that you "liked".

I'm not sure how it works in Texas, but have our custody agreement and court papers with me didn't do anything.
No need, I posted before reading your your post.
I knew you were right, that's why I clicked like.

The cops wouldn't do anything other than document mother and partner were prxcks and violated the court order. So no way step-dad would call cops to report themselves. Plan B just shoot him, claim self-defense, get full custody and all problems go away. Would've worked too except for the girl-friend's video.

First of all, I feel bad for the kid most of all. His father was just shot in cold blood in his front yard. The stepfather and mother should be stripped of their parental rights for being stupid right off the bat. How do they expect this kid to feel towards them now? They have destroyed that kids life.

On the shooting, I do not think it is self defense. He makes all gun owners look bad. I hope he and his wife go to jail and they lose custody.

I think they are going to have a hard time with the castle law. He had reason to be there. No property was being damaged, stolen, etc. No one was in danger.

I will add that the deceased is not completely innocent in the deal but a gun was not the way to deal with him.

The AG is in a huge pinch right now. Considering how many children are exchanged at parents homes in Texas you can't start allowing guns to be pulled when the court has ordered the other parent to be there. They would open a huge pandoras box on that one. Had the property owners went in there home and he was beating the door making threats, started tearing up property or some thing of that nature it would be a different situation.

That was nothing more than a pissing match with a gun. I don't think the step-dad actually wanted to shoot the dad. I think he went to bluff him, it didn't work, and he let his ego get the best of him and now he should pay for it.

I just heard on the news that Carruth's wife ( the mother I presume) is a district judge. It was stated that they thought that was the only reason he hasn't been arrested, they cited other similar incidents in the area where the shooter was arrested for the same scenario although later found not guilty.
His x wife is a district judge. She had nothing to do with the shooting.
It was the par\t where the dude grabbed his gun and told him he'd take it away and kill him.
Exactly

Shooter looks like a typical guy with "Little man syndrome"... Just like every "mini" bull I've ever had the joy of dealing with were total nutcases. Kyle couldn't be a more stereotypical, fitting name for the guy.

This could be a REALLY interesting case, grab the popcorn. There COULD be conspiracy to commit murder on the ex wife depending on what they dig up in investigation.. Could also change police and court responses to the way these disputes are handled (unlikely, but it would be nice).

I think this could go either way, but I think little man has an uphill battle considering him and ex-wife escalated things at every opportunity.

Where's the original video?.. without some talking head yammering on with no way to skip.

Well, his ex-wife migrated from a real man that loved his kids to a scared mouse-boy with a gun. I'm speculating from the action...the real culprit here is the woman...the question i have did she file for divorce first and was her ex really a bad man? What did she tell her new boyfriend that made him so scared and riled-up he thought he needed a gun. ...and she stood there letting the men explode with violence. What a treasure she is. Yeah, i'm directing the systemic fault at the woman first, mouse-boy second...and the man wanting his kids on time third.

Do any of you really think the mother will be charged with anything? She didn't touch the gun to begin with, second if she is a judge she definitely knows what to do and say. A DA will have to decide if any charges will be filed.. I predict nothing will happen period.

I hope this highlights the the slant of the AG office towards mothers also. There needs to be stricter punishment for mothers who use their kids as bargaining chips. The AG office has perpetuated the mentality that mothers can do no wrong and all fathers are dead beats.
Unfortunately you are correct. The woman has to commit a serious crime for the dad to get primary custody it seems. I've seen it many times.

Latest posts