Was this self defense?

Help Support CattleToday:

W

The father was told to pick up his son at 3:15 at the step father's house.
He was an 'invited guest' on the property. It was murder.
What was the step-father defending at 3:15?
He was defending his property.

The dead man was uninvited by the property owner. Before there was a gun involved. He refused to leave . At that point he became a trespasser. When he threatened and reached for the gun he became a threat. What he should have done was leave and have a report filed for the ex-wife violating a court order.

If I tell you to leave my property and you do not I have the right to shoot you - Law according to a fence post

Funny how hard many try to get out of jury duty, except on the internet

From what?

He could have gone in the house and called law enforcement. There would have been no property damage or loss of life.
You are not required to wait for law enforcement to protect your private property. At least not in Texas.
If a situation escalates to needing deadly force. ( Someone threatens to kill you and trying to take your weapon) the castle doctrine kicks in. You are not required to retreat.

Tell it to the judge.
The step-father can and will be tried for murder as it should be.
I trust the jury system to do the right thing.
Tried maybe. I'm not so sure.
I can't help your blindness and lack of situational awareness.

Choot 'em fence, choot 'em fore he gets away
Again... ain't you one to talk.

IF it can be proven the step-father planned the murder (so the mother could get full custody) he deserves the death penalty.

But since that does not appear to be the case, I'm good with an 18 year prison sentence and out in 12 on good behavior/parole.

These custody issues are a very sensitive thing to deal with.

While I agree the father should've walked away and got with his attorney, he had a very good chance of full custody.
It's all more complicated than that.

This was a case of who's junk was bigger than the others. They should BOTH have put the child's welfare wayyyy ahead of that!!

Either MAN could've prevented this situation rather easily. Mistakes were made on both men's part.

Hard to call this one from a 10 second video. Without knowing any of the involved or the history behind this it's hard to say who's right or wrong. It does look like the shooter escalated the situation and I believe Texas has a taunting law. You aren't supposed to escalate a situation so you can kill someone and claim self defense.

Latest posts