Warts?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a 9 month old simmental heifer which I have in the barn with 2 other young heifers to keep them away from the bull. about 3 weeks ago I saw a lump on the bottom of her ear so I put in the chute and I could pull pieces off (it was like fatty lumps) I trimmed everything off and put betedine on and in few days it was healed,also about 6 inches below the on her neck are 3 spots similar to what was up above but not as big I scraped these off and sprayed them but they are still there. the other day I saw lumps on her other ear so I took them off and treated it with betadine , I also saw another small stsrting on the other ear which I took off. Is this warts or something else and is there something I could do to stop or prevent it

[email protected]

> I have a 9 month old simmental
> heifer which I have in the barn
> with 2 other young heifers to keep
> them away from the bull. about 3
> weeks ago I saw a lump on the
> bottom of her ear so I put in the
> chute and I could pull pieces off
> (it was like fatty lumps) I
> trimmed everything off and put
> betedine on and in few days it was
> healed,also about 6 inches below
> the on her neck are 3 spots
> similar to what was up above but
> not as big I scraped these off and
> sprayed them but they are still
> there. the other day I saw lumps
> on her other ear so I took them
> off and treated it with betadine ,
> I also saw another small stsrting
> on the other ear which I took off.
> Is this warts or something else
> and is there something I could do
> to stop or prevent it i'Ve had a problem with heifers that I have been feeding in a trough recently they developed areas around their muzzle and eyes like a ringworm. I've treated them with Betadine with success another hint too is Bleach will get rid of ringworms. As for warts a good suggestion is household paint in a spray can it usually works.

[email protected]

>If it is warts, the best thing to do is pull them off with pliers then put in a bollus(clear plastic pill type capslue) and feed it to them it will make them immune to the warts, hope this helps. SJIT :}

A tablespoon of dolomite in the feed daily definitely works. As far as I know Warts are viral and contagious (to other cattle, not humans) but are like chicken pox in humans, they generally only get it once.

[email protected]

Latest posts