warts

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Any more info about what to do with my bull would be greatly apreciated. He has a wart on his penis and we are looking for an alternitive to surgicaly removing it. He was entered into a sale march 15 but will unfortunatly not make it. We are wondering if it will go away on its own and if it is cut off will it come back agian and again.

Warts are generally caused by a virus. The wart stays until the body, sooner or later, notices the wart virus and sends out antibodies to kill it off. Sometimes the only way the body notices the wart virus is if you irritate the wart by cutting, pulling, tying, or otherwise cause a commotion at the site.

I am not sure about venereal warts. Ask your vet if they are the same as the common wart on other parts of the body or if they are a more virulent type. Also, ask your vet if they can be spread by sexual activity.

There was another post stating the bull's genetics are flawed because a bull with good genetics would never get warts. A good immune system is always preferable, but any animal (or human, for that matter) can catch a virus. It has nothing significant to do with genetics.

I can't tell you any more about treatment, but possibly you can obtain more information from your veterinarian and then look up info on the net, a copy of the Merck's manual, or other good animal veterinary journal.

> Any more info about what to do
> with my bull would be greatly
> apreciated. He has a wart on his
> penis and we are looking for an
> alternitive to surgicaly removing
> it. He was entered into a sale
> march 15 but will unfortunatly not
> make it. We are wondering if it
> will go away on its own and if it
> is cut off will it come back agian
> and again.

Latest posts