warts

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have recently purchased a Black Angus bull,<br>since purchasing him I have noticed several<br>warts appearing on his face. I have heard that<br>there is a vaccine for this condition, my<br>question is can anyone give me the name of this<br>vaccine, and are there any home remedies.<br>I thank you in advance for your responses, and,<br>or suggestions.<p> Thank You,<br> Darrell Barker<br> B&B Farms
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

<p>We've used a product called "Wart Shield" with good results. You can also generally just leave them be, and they'll clear up. I've also heard you can pull one off, chop it up and feed it back to the cattle and it will get rid of them...but I've never been able to bring myself to do that!
<br>

Hi Darrell,<br>The best way to get rid of warts is to grasp them with a pair of pliars, squeeze it and pull it off. It will bleed a little, but squeezing it will release an anti-body that will give immunity to warts. At least that is what the vets at UMC have told me. I have done this with good results.<br>Sun also seems to help clear up warts. They are contagious, so don't be surprised if your other cattle get them.<br>Good luck getting rid of them.<br>Darla *.~<p>: I have recently purchased a Black Angus bull,<br>: since purchasing him I have noticed several<br>: warts appearing on his face. I have heard that<br>: there is a vaccine for this condition, my<br>: question is can anyone give me the name of this<br>: vaccine, and are there any home remedies.<br>: I thank you in advance for your responses, and,<br>: or suggestions.<p>: Thank You,<br>: Darrell Barker<br>: B&B Farms<p>
<br>
<ul><li><a href="http://www.mgi-inc.org">Murray Grey International, Inc.</a></ul>

[email protected]

I have heard that<br>: there is a vaccine for this condition, my<br>: question is can anyone give me the name of this<br>: vaccine, and are there any home remedies.<br>Yes, there are vaccines for warts, the names vary with the area you live in....ask your vet. If they can't give you an answer, e-mail me and I'll get it to you.<br>Also, Darla was correct when she mentioned removing one wart will clear them all. This is due to the body recognizing the virus which causes the wart (the antigen) and producing antibodies against it. Some people do make vaccine by removing one or two warts, crushing them and then purifying it to inject in others to prevent the spread. I don't recommend this.<br>V
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":2avxmcwy said:
: I have recently purchased a Black Angus bull,<br>: since purchasing him I have noticed several<br>: warts appearing on his face. I have heard that<br>: there is a vaccine for this condition, my<br>: question is can anyone give me the name of this<br>: vaccine, and are there any home remedies.<br>: I thank you in advance for your responses, and,<br>: or suggestions.<p>: Thank You,<br>: Darrell Barker<br>: B&B Farms<p>Tetuscyline, about any feed store will have some.
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":1h7johe7 said:
: I have recently purchased a Black Angus bull,<br>: since purchasing him I have noticed several<br>: warts appearing on his face. I have heard that<br>: there is a vaccine for this condition, my<br>: question is can anyone give me the name of this<br>: vaccine, and are there any home remedies.<br>: I thank you in advance for your responses, and,<br>: or suggestions.<p>: Thank You,<br>: Darrell Barker<br>: B&B Farms<p>
<br>

[email protected]

in regards to warts<br>1) i've made numerous autogenous vaccines over the years - take some of the warts and make a sterilized vaccine - need to give several injections over a 21-30 day period . note have only had one animal give an reaction to the vaccine it was not life threating<br>2) there is some good information out about the use of laser surgery on these warts it is cost effective especially in breeding animals
<br>

[email protected]

two possible ways<br>1) over the years I've made an autogenous vaccine by taking the warts from the animal and making a sterilized vaccine - may need to give it several times - have had two reactions they were not life threating<br>2) have had 4 animals with warts in bad places removed with laser surgery at osu in stillwater was very effective and cost was ok<p>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts