Warts

Help Support CattleToday:

Victoria

Reaction score
Anyone have some good ideas of how to get rid of warts on cattle? I have heard Crest toothpaste works but have never needed to try it. Am wondering now that I do need to try something if Crest really does work or if there is something different I should use.

Yank 'em off with pliers or forceps if you can. At least crush them enough to make them bleed. Rumor has it that wart vaccines will help, but I've never seen any improvement from them.

Crest toothpaste is for ringworm - not warts. We just pull them slightly away from the body & cut them off. Bleeding is best. Some cut, yank, crush, cut & feed them to the animal. All in all, if you aren't going to show or sell them, they will go away on their own. But they are contageous to the other cattle.

Last years heifers had them, and at preg check time the vet assistant pinched them with a pliers till they bled. The blood makes their body recognize it and produce antibodies to fight it. Worked for us.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I wouldn't have worried about it except one of the heifers has so many of them around her mouth. I am concerned they may spread enough to make eating difficult for her.

Vet told me this yrs ago..... works too. and quickly.

Crush the wart, do NOT remove or cut. simply crush the wart back into the cattle's body, it will see it as invasion, and will begin to fight it off. they will drop off shortly afterwards. :cboy:

Latest posts