wart like growth on teat of cow

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
Does anyone know what to do for a wart like growth off to one side on cows teat? I had the vet out yesterday for preg checks, and he said it could be cut off at dry up, but I thought there was a cream or something else I heard of once, any one have any thoughts?

GMN

It is from a virus, it will go away, or if not too large, you can pull it off with your finger.

Not too much experience with them over here. Generally so long as they don't interfer with normal milk out and the milking equipment, we don't do anything. There's no point in doing anything if they aren't causing problems. We only have a handful with mild warts anyways, and only one cow that got bad enough to do something about. Just ripped them off, and they haven't come back. Didn't bleed too bad either.

i had a cow with warts on her teats one time. left her alone and they went away. the main problem was they made me want to gag when i saw them slimey with milk or a calf sucking on them.

i would imagine that cleaning a milker would be a good idea if you having cows sharing a milking machine? otherwise i'd just let it go.

Latest posts