Warning Shot

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Did I hear it correctly that Florida has passed a law allowing a warning shot at someone? What are the details? What if my aim is bad and the warning shot hits them between the eyes?

I like it. We've always had that option available in Arkansas. We call it the "NO, you ain't dating my daughter" shot :lol:

kenny thomas":10psw4qx said:
Did I hear it correctly that Florida has passed a law allowing a warning shot at someone? What are the details? What if my aim is bad and the warning shot hits them between the eyes?
Yes...it's called the "second shot". :mrgreen:

kenny thomas":p0hwzxfm said:
The addendum to the Fla stand your ground law just gives the citizen the right to fire a warning shot and not be prosecuted for doing so. It's "optional".
An update of Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law allows Floridians who threaten to use a gun or who fire a warning shot to protect themselves the chance to avoid criminal prosecution.

The change, signed into law Friday by Gov. Rick Scott, was partly inspired by the case of Marissa Alexander, 33, who was sentenced to 20 years in prison after firing a shot during a dispute with her allegedly abusive husband.

Alexander's lawyers attempted to claim self-defense and that it was a warning shot, but the jury found Alexander guilty and she was sentenced to 20 years in prison under Florida's current sentencing rules.

An appellate court later overturned the conviction and ordered a retrial for Alexander.

Alexander's defense team said they are "grateful" for the change in the law.

"We learned today that Governor Rick Scott has signed the corrective Stand Your Ground Bill, which was advanced by the legislature as a result of concern about Marissa's case among others," read the statement. "We are of course grateful for the governor's actions."

Do to the rising cost and scarcity of ammo I am no longer giving warning shots. Please be advised that if you actually hear a warning shot, that you are just darn lucky because I must have missed.

Latest posts