Warning, I'm so stupid

Help Support CattleToday:

The farther north you go the more people cuss. They just don't have southern hospitality. Maybe its the cold weather.

curtis":14mg38vf said:
The farther north you go the more people cuss. They just don't have southern hospitality. Maybe its the cold weather.
Probably never got the butt whoopin' from Papa for being impolite

1982vett":2656ei2w said:
curtis":2656ei2w said:
Probably never got the butt whoopin' from Papa for being impolite

Or from my mother with a good stout peach tree limb in her hands.

The way I used to handle it was to politely tell them I needed to set the phone down for a second and then I'd just walk away. Once I did that and picked it back up to make a call an hour or so later and the guy was still there and started right back up with his same sales pitch.

plumber_greg":3pjq9yu0 said:
My home phone is on the all the no-call lists. Just last night I got two calls in a row. One was from Whirlpool wanting to know if I wanted an extended warranty on my washer, the other was something about some research. Both excempt from the no call list. Man, I hate those people, even if it's not their fault, they hate me after the cussing. gs

Actually, the call from Whirlpool is NOT covered under the no call list. Read the fine print - it clearly states that any company you have purchased something from is exempted. I suspect the research call is the same thing, but I'm not certain about that.

msscamp":1ekxkyan said:
plumber_greg":1ekxkyan said:
My home phone is on the all the no-call lists. Just last night I got two calls in a row. One was from Whirlpool wanting to know if I wanted an extended warranty on my washer, the other was something about some research. Both excempt from the no call list. Man, I hate those people, even if it's not their fault, they hate me after the cussing. gs

Actually, the call from Whirlpool is NOT covered under the no call list. Read the fine print - it clearly states that any company you have purchased something from is exempted. I suspect the research call is the same thing, but I'm not certain about that.

He stated that they were exempt.

Really, guys I learned to cuss from my father, mother, uncles, etc. It's part of our language. Funny though, I wasn't allowed to cuss in public until I was about 17, if my father was present. The only word not allowed was the F-word. Don't know why.
The federal no call list worked, all calls stopped. The MO. no call list hasn't started yet, April 1 for it.
Now, how do I stop them from hammering my e-mail? It all goes in the junk, 14 yesterday, but still gotta' look at it. Should have a personal e-mail and a different one for business, I guess. gs

plumber_greg":m30a46ph said:
Really, guys I learned to cuss from my father, mother, uncles, etc. It's part of our language. Funny though, I wasn't allowed to cuss in public until I was about 17, if my father was present. The only word not allowed was the F-word. Don't know why.
The federal no call list worked, all calls stopped. The MO. no call list hasn't started yet, April 1 for it.
Now, how do I stop them from hammering my e-mail? It all goes in the junk, 14 yesterday, but still gotta' look at it. Should have a personal e-mail and a different one for business, I guess. gs
For email I have some filters set up that eliminate about 30 junkers a day but still get a half dozen or so each day. There are a bunch of free ones that you can download

Instead of cussing the telemarketers, try to have phone sex with them. It makes the girls uncomfortable and the guys hang up immediately.

LRTX1":1shnqove said:
Instead of cussing the telemarketers, try to have phone sex with them. It makes the girls uncomfortable and the guys hang up immediately.
What I tell them could maybe be classified as phone sex

plumber_greg":251k1ygn said:

I've got several. Each is for a different purpose and all but two are to catch the junk mail. One address is even "MailNeverChecked@". :lol:

dun":2aqptqz9 said:
LRTX1":2aqptqz9 said:

I've been meaning to give Rick your number.

cfpinz":3l16z71w said:
dun":3l16z71w said:
LRTX1":3l16z71w said:

I've been meaning to give Rick your number.
Then I would just have to write yours on the walls at the local truckstop

plumber_greg":16vee1uv said:

You have a washer and a drier? ;)

I had a person call today from Canada wanting to fix my IRS problems because Obama told them to help all of the citizens in IRS trouble. I told her she must know something I didn't .

Latest posts