Warm Weather Cattlemen

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":3964en0k said:
Brute 23":3964en0k said:
jedstivers":3964en0k said:
They thrive where others die.

but you get docked for ear :roll:

Their ears are already docked lol Check out the notch on the left ear.

Leading them across that bridge is exactly right. You try to drive them and you have a mess on your hands. You can lead them anywhere. Patience is the key. They are not always ready when you are. So now I am wondering how long they stared at that bridge?
:clap:
Now I have to blow coffee out of my nose, haha

We dam sure are not warm weather cattlemen this year.
Forty degrees 20 mph wind out of the east and raining like to froze to death earlier putting out hay.
You Northern Boys go ahead and laugh your are the toughest now, come down here about
August then I can be. I don't mind rain at all but this constant drizzle will drive you nuts.

I do it all the time like that. That is why love cubes. Make the whole herd walk behind me where ever I go. If Im rotating pastures or working them through pens. You always open the gate so they can see it. Then walk back a forth a few times to show them how its done. :nod:

The only way you will see that bull's rear end in my aviator is if its headed in to the brush. You lead him every where... so he can keep an eye on you. ;-)

Brute 23":2opinq7l said:
I do it all the time like that. That is why love cubes. Make the whole herd walk behind me where ever I go. If Im rotating pastures or working them through pens. You always open the gate so they can see it. Then walk back a forth a few times to show them how its done. :nod:

The only way you will see that bull's rear end in my aviator is if its headed in to the brush. You lead him every where... so he can keep an eye on you. ;-)

All very true and on top of that they know who they belong to.
Let a stranger show up and mine are hitting the woods.

I was helpingna buddy run his through to palpate friday. Its some he just bought a few months ago. Theres no leading them and no pushing them. Those stupid things do what ever they want to do when they get dang well ready to do it. Even Temple Grandin would be gettin the hot stick ahold of them. First time ive ever been growled at by a cow. I was gonna take pics to post but i was too busy running for my life. I remember most of the day being more like this:

downloadfile_zps84cb538b.jpg

but you get docked for ear :roll:[/quote]

Their ears are already docked lol Check out the notch on the left ear.

Leading them across that bridge is exactly right. You try to drive them and you have a mess on your hands. You can lead them anywhere. Patience is the key. They are not always ready when you are. So now I am wondering how long they stared at that bridge?[/quote]
:clap:
Now I have to blow coffee out of my nose, haha[/quote]
It was so funny cause you can just picture it.

Caustic Burno":3ul9aywz said:
We dam sure are not warm weather cattlemen this year.
Forty degrees 20 mph wind out of the east and raining like to froze to death earlier putting out hay.
You Northern Boys go ahead and laugh your are the toughest now, come down here about
August then I can be. I don't mind rain at all but this constant drizzle will drive you nuts.

Cold weather cattleman here today! But as we Northern Boys always like to say, "Yes, it's cold, but it's a dry cold!" :lol:

Never made 10 for a high today. Headed to -15 for the low tonight. High of -5 tomorrow. Low of -20 tomorrow night. -50 wind chill through Thursday. 3-4 inches of fresh snow on the ground. I'm wishing I had a remote start on my car! :lol2:

I unloaded a truckload of bales for my cousin yesterday and today. Everyone was glad to get that job done. 34 nice 1600 lb bales per load with plastic twine.

Tried lifting 2 bales at a time but Kubota just said no. I like that. Keeps me from doing something stupid.

Takes all the reach the loader has to get the 2nd row bale off the far side of the truck. If I did very much of this, I would get me a MDS bale spear. Guy said that's what he loaded the bales on the truck with. Neighbor has one, maybe I could borrow his. :idea:

Best part was doing the job in my shirtsleeves. I :heart: the Kubota cab, 'specially on days like today! :banana: So far Kubota has started down to -5 or so with only glow plugs. Rotella 5W40 in the engine. Mostly #1 fuel with a good dose of Power Service. Got'er inside the shed and plugged in for tomorrow. ;-)

Latest posts