War on beef in the west

Help Support CattleToday:

The thing that surprised me was that initiative 16 is even being considered in Colorado.
It would ban spaying and neutering of all animals ,ban ai and preg testing .
It would also mandate that cattle be at least 5 years old and chickens be 2 years old before they could be butchered

Just a bit more of the "craziness" on the horizon......when so many people know so little about their food sources..!!! And understand so little when it's publicized. The dumbing down of this great country has been going on for a long time......just the foot on that accelerator has been pushing harder.....well before Trump...IMHO

Oh......btw......my brother was a fairly recent county agent in southern Colorado......my last visit with him had me really alerted to the lack of water that was forcing so many of the older ranchers into early retirement. Have there been many youngsters to take their place?? And I'm not going to even venture off into water rights......which I barely know anything about.....for real.

The thing that surprised me was that initiative 16 is even being considered in Colorado.
It would ban spaying and neutering of all animals ,ban ai and preg testing .
It would also mandate that cattle be at least 5 years old and chickens be 2 years old before they could be butchered
Which is total craziness! Calves over 32 months at the time of slaughter cannot be exported and over 36 months cannot be sold higher than select - most are processed to pet food and soups. Chickens don't live more than 2 - 3 years (I just heard that last week).

Who is that nutcase in charge that says that a rancher that palpates or assists a cow in calving should be charged with animal rape? What is this world coming too??

If you do a search for PAUSE - Colorado... it will bring up the bill .... called PAUSE .... and some of it is highlighted. The thought is that an animal should live 1/4th of it's natural life before it is killed.... BUT they are mandating what the natural life of an animal is. How about a cow lives 20 years, a chicken 10 years, stuff like that. Other animals have been "assigned" average lifespans.....
HELLO..... Mad Cow Disease..... the whole push to kill any bovine before 30 months or you cannot get back the backbone or anything that was in contact with the spinal cord....
And how about the broiler houses that routinely take the broilers out at 42-45 days on average... at 4+ lbs..... they cannot live to 2 1/2 yrs on those legs etc....
Yes some cows live to 20, some chickens might hit 10 if they are very lucky and pampered.... BUT SERIOUSLY??????

Dam dumb A$$hole people.....let them eat 5 yr old beef.... and 2 1/2 yr old CHEWY chicken.... But see, they wanted to go with a "meat out" day.... because they want us to stop raising meat so we quit eating it.....
They all need to go without a few meals.....like for a few months.....

Sorry, my terminology is wrong.... it is not yet a bill.... it is an initiative..... but the intent is to stop all farmers and in the long run, to impose control over people....
Totally insane....

P-A-U-S-E might be a good way to handle imported beef (meat if you will). Of course the beef would need to be certified by the exporting
country as 5 years old to
qualify for sale in the United States. (God Bless America!) I can see it now.... liberals lined up around the block for a
chance to sink their teeth into certified C O B (Certiified Old Beef) Canadian or Brazilian steak , (your choice) . with table mounted meat
grinders for those to busy to chew the sole leather meat passing as steaks.
Mean while the rest of us would be forced to suffer through our mouth watering U S A grown sirloins without the age import restriction.
Did I say God Bless America!?

Latest posts